Training Saturday 19th Feb 2022

Cutler on a wing was terrible. The turn around in form late last season was because he moved to half back

1 Like

Cutler would be a good sub.

I had Durham initially but given injury interrupted, would currently give Cutler the job.

1 Like

Cutler was as great a revelation down back as Laverde it could be argued, albeit for the last 6 - 7 rounds so a much smaller sample space. His kicking is a weapon that can break open zone defences and as his confidence grew his hesitation in taking those kicks diminished markedly. Don’t mess with form even if that last game was 4 months ago. His practice match form seems to suggest he is still in the same headspace. I think a confident Cutler shades Redman for impact but it is a fantastic problem to have and hats off to the guy. I don’t think there was anymore derided a player on our list prior to that form turnaround. Shocked the hell out of me.

3 Likes

That was a revelation. What changed? Was it the “role” he was asked to play? On the wing, he never went for the ball, he waited outside packs to receive the ball. I bet that was the role he was given, but maybe he just could not get the positioning right, so that he was in the best position to receive the ball, like a Stants, Merret or DP3, who were/are masters at this aspect of the game.

I think he finally got his body right and had some continuation. Has missed a lot of footy the past few years, so maybe it was as simple as his confidence.

1 Like

What did he “report”?