Training Saturday Feb 8th

I share your interest. Giving Saad the lock down small role significantly restricted his rebound in 2019, without Connor back there will make it easier to shut him down should we try and run the ball through him regularly, which we may not be planning on doing.

Having Gleeson, Saad, Redman, Francis, potentially Ridley and maybe a rejuvenated Hurley will give us plenty of variety coming out of defence.

Having more line breakers, like Conor, up the ground might also give Saad an option to kick to once he has taken his 5 bounces and blown past all his teammates (and opponents).

If they are working on us becoming less predictable rebounding from defence then Iā€™ll be singing their praises regardless of who is playing where.

1 Like

Less predictable? By moving McKenna out? Iā€™m not sure thatā€™s possible.

2 Likes

Not saying itā€™s gonna happen but AMT and McKenna can pretty much rotate FWD MID BACK and we wouldnā€™t care.

4 Likes

I really hope we keep McKenna in the backline.

All good for him to push further up the ground at times but heā€™s a genuine weapon for us back there.

1 Like

Honestly, itā€™s not impotant anymore. Instead of having really good p,layers who can break lines why donā€™t we do what all the top clubs are doing, trap the ball forward and keep it there instead of playing back half footy and relying on rebounds to score. thatā€™s our problem.

3 Likes

Fantasia, Tippa, Smith, Mckenna, McGrath/Shiel/Merett and Snelling or Ham
Is a very speedy forward of centre group with 6-8 games into Mossie

Saad, Redman and Guelfi to play small defenders role or match up dependant or they go with Ridley and Gleeson that can play multiple sized pponents.
I think truck rates Ridley highly and has been doing a lot of one on one work this pre season with him.
Important year for him and our new risk averse game style

2 Likes

Yep. 6ā€™2ā€ and 105 kg. Took a bit of getting around.

Whew, ā€¦ I suddenly donā€™t feel so bad being at 92 kegs right now. :slightly_smiling_face:

Did he ever play in the AFL?

2 Likes

ā€œThe forward half gameā€ David King 2018 revisited

**[quote=ā€œBLOODSTAINED_DEVILS, post:189, topic:17596, full:trueā€]

Whew, ā€¦ I suddenly donā€™t feel so bad being at 92 kegs right now. :slightly_smiling_face:
[/quote]

**How much did you eat at the last Blitz BBQ?

1 Like

Yeah but arenā€™t you about 5ā€™10"?

1 Like

Sorry, that was very snarky. I can hardly pretend Iā€™m trim.

1 Like

Not sure if SRS? :thinking:

My little brother is, as is my older one.

Both played HBF to me at CHB for a few years. That line became a pretty formidable & scary prospect for a while, ā€¦ once opposition sides realised, take on one, you take on us all,

My fondest Footy days.

2 Likes

Taking your DJ pain out on people here??:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

BSD is a great bloke, too many gins.

1 Like

Thereā€™s such a thing?? :thinking:

ā€¦ :wink:

7 Likes

I knowā€¦just thought you were doing what i have donwā€¦taken some DJ stress to other threads :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

McKenna, McQuillan, McBride, McKernan

All we need now is McDonalds to stump up some sponsorship coin

McDonald-Tipingwuti

1 Like