Training Saturday Feb 8th

I knew you’d ask that.

1 Like

For those who were there, I think the real question is how much did Kelly eat at the last Blitz BBQ

Anybody know if there is training on today?

thats a @nackers question really

There would have been, it’s probably finishing in the next hour or so. I couldn’t get there today, I’m off to New Zealand tomorrow so lots to do.

6 Likes

Have you arranged a secondment for your training reporting duties?

8 Likes

26 Likes

I just saw this, and i don’t want to cause any alarm but…

EVERYBODY PANIC!!!

8 Likes

Depends how the new system requires rebounding i guess.

you’d assume it’ll mimic richmonds style. so i guess we will find out how it goes soon enough.

or more interest will be if the new system doesn’t require the run and gun of saad and mckenna, how will they adapt when they are in the situation.

Maybe having mckenna start as a forward will actually allow him to do more running rebounding ( seeing our forwards are generally up in the defensive half anyway) without the worry or covering his opponent as much as he’d have to if playing as a backman.

Maybe he plays the edwards role from richmond, that would be interesting to watch

The key thing I hope they’ve worked on, and again you can only assume we will mimic richmonds style.

it’s all well and good to run and gun out of defence, but if you don’t have a plan behind it, you’re relying on players making good decisions at high speed on the run. alot of players don’t do it in slow play.

If anything i think they need to be more predictable in a sense, they need to know where players are, where they should be if you break through, and were to kick it if you get into trouble.

1 Like

We’ve had a few excellent reports from others recently, I’m sure we’ll survive.

2 Likes

Who will write the training report?

I am starting to Panic.

2 Likes

If it’s a holiday I hope you have a great trip…we will miss you!

Thanks.

We’ve been really busy for 3 or 4 months and were looking to get away somewhere, tossing up Kerala, Sri Lanka, Thailand and then we had a relative pass away over the weekend so we’ll go for the funeral and holiday for about a week there.

6 Likes

I went out there at about 9am today on the chance they may be training early, but to no avail. When I arrived a large group of players were in the coffee shop having a chat. I can report that they looked a happy bunch, like school kids chatting in the quadrangle on Monday mornings.
That’s all I’ve got.

22 Likes

DID JOE LOOK HAPPY?

2 Likes

He was drunk of course he was happy.

18 Likes

It’s ok, I have arranged for his plane to breakdown…(not in the air).

Rebounding should be an outcome of our defensive methodology succeeding, which all our players can execute effectively.
It shouldn’t be the cornerstone to a game plan which relies on two players to be on top of their games to prevail.
Last year’s game plan was an embarrassment…

3 Likes

I was more disappointed than embarrassed.

1 Like