Training Saturday Feb 8th

I’d probably have Mutch ahead of him too.

Ridley could be a bit of a wildcard this year if they’re seriously looking at McKenna forward. He plays a bit taller than Redman and Conor so it might balance up a bit nicer with Gleeson in the mix too.

McKenna forward could also mean we just lock away Smith as a near full time mid. Interesting.

8 Likes

Kreuzer is also injury prone which makes the Blooos decision to cut Phillips loose even more of a mystery.

I was at a family do last weekend and was talking to Dave Teague (married my cousins daughter). He said that Carlton were extremely disappointed to lose Phillips and his move to the Bombers wasn’t about more money but the possibility of a move was somehow engineered by his manager and then it just all happened. We discussed the historic enmity between the Blues and Dons and he said that he always liked the Bombers. The Hawks he didn’t like! A terrific bloke young Dave and while I hate to say it, I hope he does really well at Carlton.

58 Likes

Great training report Maxx. I believe the training reports this year are better than ever, as our more experienced training reporters are going over the team with a practiced eye. They know what to look for, and more than ever it appears they are seeing it take shape.

Lid off!

5 Likes

He’s a nice bloke until they beat us in Round 3. Then he’s ‘that ■■■■■■■ from FC!

7 Likes

nice to see them doing so well together as they’re the basis for our longer term midfield set up

1 Like

Cooked

Philips a lock for rd 1

If TBC goes on LTI list shouldn’t that open up the possibility of getting both Lockyer and extra ruck cover?

3 Likes

Wassup with TBell?

I’m pretty sure he’d need to be done for the year

1 Like

Seems a waste having him in the seconds. He’d have played a lot of senior games at other clubs by now.

Put a like on this,… but I’m not sure it works that way here.

Unless T Bell is written off the year maybe, ala Johnson, … but we’d certainly hope that’s not the case.

Not sure of the veracity of the above, but doing my bit to escalate rumours based on this, TBC’s absence and the trialling of talls.

TBC is TBC

19 Likes

How far off is Draper?

Good to catch up with a couple of the avid Blitz track watchers out there this morning, I saw binoculars getting a workout and was almost reluctant to interrupt!

8 Likes

Last I heard was that he is expecting to be playing by April/May.

2 Likes

And hopefully Draper - if he is that good like some Blitzers are making him out to be. Lid off permanently.

@nackers @chris_64 @Maxx did Ireland play?

Did young Jones play? @Maxx mentioned the lack of tall forwards.