Training Saturday Feb 8th

Yes, I didn’t see him do too much though.

1 Like

Yeh, but he was changing teams though so never settled.

1 Like

He lays a good tackle in that Lockyer vid

1 Like

Thanks lads

Yes he did, I only saw the second half but he didn’t have a great impact. Bryan also sat out the second half.

Yes he was chatting to us during the week and that’s what he said.

1 Like

No interruption Paul, it was great to catch up. It’s always nice to meet with others on the site, and particularly people like yourself with a bit of inside knowledge.

3 Likes

There was a tall guy with dark short hair who did a few things really well. Whether that was him or not, I’m not sure.

1 Like

In general I’d agree with you.

But i wonder not so much by design, but how much of it is allowed by these coaches because that’s how the gameplan is designed around ?

Again assuming following the richmond model, It’s not so much about hitting targets and having great skill, it’s about moving it forward ugly if need be, but also at the right times holding onto it through traffic.

I guess were they practicing just getting the ball forward no matter what, simulating what they would have to in a game I wonder.

Obviously we’d all love for them to have great skills, but how often in todays game do people actually get to use it ?

Jetta comes to mind, but you wouldn’t find many more.
who knows though, maybe they were just being ■■■■ haha.

1 Like

Thanks for the report @Maxx. I really liked everything in this paragraph. I’ve been saying for a couple of years they need to use Hurley more as a lockdown defender and take the responsibility off him for the distribution out of defence. Hopefully this is a sign that it’s happening.

2 Likes

Sorry my post didn’t read right.
He has gone or is going in for something, could be a clean up or more?

Guy didn’t know but he has been off the track.

Well the drill like I said has no opposition but you are simulating as if there was. It’s very choreographed and not at high intensity. The only kick that should be a bit inaccurate is the long ball out of the stoppage but after that it should be precise and a constant swift chain. Maybe because the player on the angled lead is only in a jog that the kick is a touch wider but I expect that their skills should be better.

1 Like

Judd Lalich

1 Like

Shisha makes a return?

Great report Maxx. Agree with it 100% No wonder Langford and the others had problems with the blue team.

Any news on:

Langford?
Mutch?
Clarke?

Can LOCKYER play the NLM role?

Ruckman who gets flogged in final… then yes he could do that.

Belting opposition players… yet to be seen.

Isn’t the NLM the Hird role but worse?

1 Like

Not much Cutler talk in most training reports. Only here about him hitting targets. He must not be wprko hard enough or going under the radar