Training Summary & Pics 11 May

Great news on Francis. Seeing him play seniors is probably the biggest thing I'm looking forward to for the rest of the year now that we've seen Parish, Tippa and Hartley tear I up.

Also looking forward to seeing him come in and make an immediate impact… on someone. Big unit, will be a solid player for us as well. Want to see him action with Laverde, Langofrd, Tippa and Parish.

People I would not want to be tackled by #1:

“People I don’t want to have to run away from Indiana Jones style”

Very good, karma. And some good shots on your instagram too.

Awesome work KB.

Francis has dropped the kegs, Looks fit and raring to go. I’m pumped to see him in the red and black.

All the senior regulars are wearing black (Kelly, Tippa, Parish, Goddard and Hartley), while those not in the side are wearing red (Jerret, Franics, Grimley, Laverde, Kommer, Ashby, Edwards, Long and Hams). JD is also wearing red. Coincidence?

All the senior regulars are wearing black (Kelly, Tippa, Parish, Goddard and Hartley), while those not in the side are wearing red (Jerret, Franics, Grimley, Laverde, Kommer, Ashby, Edwards, Long and Hams). JD is also wearing red. Coincidence?
So what you're saying is Gach is getting upgraded and named today?

Anyone else heading to Etihad for the training session at 11pm?
If you do then come and say hi to Humbert. I’ll be the handsomest man there*.

• assuming that balding 50+ blokes are your thing.

About 200 people here, waiting for the players to run out.

About 200 people here, waiting for the players to run out.

Take some pics HH! I can’t make it this morning. :frowning:

I was there this morning, great initiative having it at Etihad but would have been nice to put a sign or something outside the door to let people know.

I also let our local (docklands) child care centre know and suggested they take an excursion, they liked the idea so we had a group of 30 odd 4 year olds also watching. Good to plant the seed early and get them interested in the Bombers. The players also signed lots of cards for them which went down very well. Lots of the teachers getting a little freaked out with the footies that missed the net and crashed into the seats, no casualties luckily!

Not sure what the purpose of the Antler blimp that was buzzing around. Didn’t seem to be too much actual training happening (although I missed the first half), just loads of goal kicking practice with the roof open. Joe getting extended practice time. Nice distraction for the day anyway.

What about BJ?

If my ipad was working properly I would post a picture of the Predator here.

Was a very casual training event today.

Only on the field for 45 min (15 min late). and going at about 60-70% intensity.

My thoughts on what could barely be described as a training session.

-Hartley is a booming kick off 2-3 steps.

• the sun is a ■■■■■■ on one side of the ground.
  • Doc Reid doesn’t know who #43 is.
  • didn’t see anyone miss a goal for the first 10-12
  • Wooshman was great, signed heaps of autographs, asked everyone if they wanted photos and hung aroun, looked genuinely interested in spending some time having a chat to the fans.
  • JD took extra goal kicking practice from around 35-40m out. noticeably slower leg action and reduced follow through on his kicking action. Still go a long way, basically a 50m toe poke. From where I was sitting it looked like he kept missing to the left.

all in all it was fun to take the kids and get some photos and their jumpers signed.

I’m still amazed at how accessible the highest profile sports people in Australia are. Could never do this at any of the other major codes around the world.

Only one or two didn’t come over off their own back (I think they were having their own goal kicking comp) but they were more than happy to come over if someone yelled out for a photo.

People I would not want to be tackled by #2

picture of the predator

People I would not want to be tackled by #2

picture of the predator