Training Thursday 12/6/14

Thanks Jackie, Great report. Highlight of my week is reading these reports.

Sounds like Carlisle will be back forward with hurley returning.

Don't think so.

a paired contested marking drill between Hurley and Carlisle they actually started with a lengthy standing wrestle before Carlisle attempted to mark and Hurley to strip the ball.

If Carlisle is attempting to mark and Hurley stripping ball then I would suggest Hurley is the defender in that set up.

That's good to hear that we are increasing the numbers on the track with a few guys returning to full training. So really it is only the relatively inexperienced long termers (Kommer, Hams, Browne) and of course Jobe not up and going. Numbers wise not too bad. Pity about the quality of one of them though!

Don't think so.

a paired contested marking drill between Hurley and Carlisle they actually started with a lengthy standing wrestle before Carlisle attempted to mark and Hurley to strip the ball.

If Carlisle is attempting to mark and Hurley stripping ball then I would suggest Hurley is the defender in that set up.

I think that's what he was saying as well lol

Don't think so.

I think that's what he was saying as well lol
Ha, I'm an idiot. I read Carlisle will be back and thought he meant he is playing back
Apolgies MLL

Looking forward to having Carlisle back forward.

When you saw Z.Merretts stats from last year with the knowledge he'd never done a preseason you knew you had a player who knew how to find his own ball and dispose of it very well.
I'm staggered he didn't go higher.

I remember Bomber and Dodoro were saying the same thing. They expected him to go top 15 and were shocked he was still there at 26 hence the lengthy discussion when it came to their turn to choose

When you saw Z.Merretts stats from last year with the knowledge he'd never done a preseason you knew you had a player who knew how to find his own ball and dispose of it very well.

I remember Bomber and Dodoro were saying the same thing. They expected him to go top 15 and were shocked he was still there at 26 hence the lengthy discussion when it came to their turn to choose

I reckon it would have been a toss up between Rory Lobb (who ultimately went 3 picks after ours) and Zach Merrett.

Dodoro, Keane, Bomber and co. obviously felt that we would have been picking a ruckman mainly on a needs basis, not best available, if we opted for Lobb. Lobb showed a couple of nice signs particularly in that first quarter in his first match I thought. Extremely happy with Zach Merrett and it is clear he is gaining more and more confidence in his abilities by the week. With increased fitness in the coming years he could be special.

I’m a Pears fan.

Danke Jackie.

NB - Finally, the senior citizens in the EFC Members will feel as though their incessant whining of 'Kick the ■■■■■■ thing' has been vindicated.

That's good to hear that we are increasing the numbers on the track with a few guys returning to full training. So really it is only the relatively inexperienced long termers (Kommer, Hams, Browne) and of course Jobe not up and going. Numbers wise not too bad. Pity about the quality of one of them though!

I miss Hams too.

Thank you, for the fantastic report, as always, JM.  Are you able to tell us if Fletcher, Hocking and Zaharakis participated in full training?

Wait, where did Tattoo’s original post go? :lol:

I reckon it would have been a toss up between Rory Lobb (who ultimately went 3 picks after ours) and Zach Merrett.

Dodoro, Keane, Bomber and co. obviously felt that we would have been picking a ruckman mainly on a needs basis, not best available, if we opted for Lobb. Lobb showed a couple of nice signs particularly in that first quarter in his first match I thought. Extremely happy with Zach Merrett and it is clear he is gaining more and more confidence in his abilities by the week. With increased fitness in the coming years he could be special.

Think you are spot on. Although I think you will fin Apeness was another we rated highly but he went to Freo at 17 from memory.

I'm really happy we ended with Zach Merrett.

I'm a Pears fan.

Apples for me

Great synopsis...

any hints who might be captain?

Zzeeerrriiitttt

I'm a Pears fan.

Apples for me

My position there is already known.

Zac Merrett will be spoken of as next Dal Santo IMO. Just with a lot more aggression and tackling pressure. 
Already one of our best deliverers of the footy to our fwds. 

Great report JM!

I reckon there's a lot of Sam Mitchell in Zach Merrett.