Training Thursday 24th June 2021

3rd in the league for contested possessions, 3rd for contested marks and 4th for tackles. (With Brisbane and Geelong ahead on contested possessions having played an extra game)

3 Likes

Thanks Nackers. Really appreciate your thoughts and opinions on how the team’s travelling. You are the AA blitzer! Cheers

1 Like

DEES are a good side,let’s not kid ourselves.

1 Like

They were a good side in 2000

2 Likes

I think your biases our clouding your view.

1 Like

Anyway … think one player we will miss tonight is McGrath. His pressure and scrapping in conditions likely to be a bit slippery against a top side like Melbourne would be great to have on board. Sounds like he’s weeks away still.

Then again every single pundit didn’t give Saints a prayer vs Tiges … and look what happened there.

2 Likes

im not writing my comments as an EFC MEMBER/SUPPORTER, its my view they will drop off as there system is not going to stand up when the real heat is on. you watch they will be lucky to make top 4 from this position.

I think you’re wrong. Your comments to me seem like you haven’t really watched them closely this year

2 Likes

In 2000 we were better than they were and we were better than we are now

I wish I could see what the doubters seem to about the Dees. Aside from one game (Collingwood) they have been excellent.

They have a great contested game and equally damaging ball movement to a quality forward line.

I love what Essendon is doing, but I just don’t see our advantage in this contest.

Would be delighted to be proved wrong

1 Like

dees have us covered for age and experience.

We’ve got big Cox though.

1 Like

I’ll be looking for Draper to take it up to Gawn. I would love Stringer to back up his game from last week. More signs from our younger players…if Archie could put in a Rising Star performance great! Just don’t think we win this…but more blue collar stuff please!

So you’re saying that Geelong & Brisbane have weak final plans also?

I reckon many don’t really watch other games too closely.

Yes they are a good side. However if we bring our best gut running and pressure game, we have a chance. No one gave St. Kilda any chance of beating Richmond. Richmond could not get into the game and play their game because the Saints wouldn’t let them.

Perhaps with luck on our side, we can do the same. Also the umpiring was confusing as always but in many ways, I thought favoured Richmond but it didn’t matter. They simply couldn’t control the game the way Richmond is famous for. They were completely off their game last night. Good on you St. Kilda.

1 Like

Let win this one too Bombers

1 Like

I think this is the best time to play the top teams. Generally the bye period is where the top teams increase their training loads in preparation for finals and tend to be a bit flat for the games.

I didn’t say you were.

I have already booked my flights to watch them at the mcg on gf day, with my dees supporting mates. So, yes I will be watching.

Lions vs Geelong GF

Do you know if the guys are training tomorrow and if so what time? Thx