Training Thursday 25/6/20

That’s harsh.

5 Likes

Ambrose looks ready to go as well, I don’t think he’s has any drop off at all, just team balance keeping him out.

I did hear that he was very nearly a late inclusion for the Melbourne game before it was postponed.

We’ve had a bit a discussion at training this week about the merits of either Clarke or Ambrose coming in to tag Cripps. I don’t think he will myself but if he did he could quite well do a very good job similar to what he did on Fyfe. Townsend is another name that has been put forward as possibility to tag if Cripps starts to do a lot of damage.

And one of Ambrose’s obvious advantages is being able to go in the air with Cripps when he drifts forward where he can be very damaging.

But I think they are more likely to back in our midfield to beat them man for man.

6 Likes

My sources tell me he is paid many Blitz dollars for them.

1 Like

I must say I think that would be a mistake. On the whole our midfield is at least as good as theirs, but none of them is anywhere near a matchup for Cripps and he’s in great form. He needs to be tagged from the start. If he gets going he’ll be impossible to stop.

That certainly worked out well for the Cats last week…

We’ve all been there.

1 Like

I think there was a lot more to it than just not tagging Cripps but I wouldn’t be too upset whichever way they decide to go. With Smith likely to get more midfield time in the absence of Heppell we will probably be more defensively minded anyway.

I would potentially start off without a tag and then put Townsend on him if he gets off the chain, rather than just pick someone for a pure tagging role and upset the team balance.

3 Likes

In my mind Clarke just takes Heppell’s spot anyway in the rotations and keep Smith in the same role he has been so far this year. I’ll be more upset losing without him than with him after last year.

2 Likes

So what you’re saying is that Conor needs a positive COVID19 test just before this Saturday’s game?

I would probably replace Heppell with Fantasia and give Smith and Parish more midfield time.

But I also think Townsend could make an outstanding tagger if given the opportunity, it could well be the role he’s most suited to with occasional cameos forward.

6 Likes

We all know nackers is on the Blitz big bucks, so it’s not like he’s doing his reports out of kindness and love for his bomber bro’s.

3 Likes

Play Draper already FFS

9 Likes

username checks out

12 Likes

Hi Sammy.

2 Likes

Typically when you havent done a certain physical activity much you get much more sore than you normally would so having played minimal games and had minimal chance to train would make them more likely to benefit from a little break imo

1 Like

Totally agree. Nackers, I’m the same. I absolutely love reading them and greatly appreciate the efforts and depth to the posts. So cool that you’ve made friends in the process of doing so. :+1:

3 Likes

7 Likes

Ambrose’s biggest strength is probably his tank and willingness to to stick with his opponent for an entire game.

I don’t mind the idea of bringing him in to tag someone like Cripps in theory, but I think he’d likely need a game or two under his belt to get some match fitness first (if he’s going to be spending more midfield time).

If you have checked the exchange rate lately its more like the blitz peso.

2 Likes

They are certainly being slow and careful with Draper. It is now 13mths+ since his injury and they are now predicting it will be another couple of weeks before he plays limited time in a scratch match. AFAIK he has had no setbacks and has been going well throughout his rehab.
Not necessarily a bad thing though, because it seems they wouldn’t be likely to play him now this year unless both TBC and Phillips get injured together. This in itself is disappointing because it limits his development. He was ready to play when he was injured in May last year, and now it looks like he won’t debut until 2021. I, along with many others on here, can’t wait to see how he will go.

2 Likes