Training Thursday 25/6/20

Sometimes I like to give people enough rope to hang themselves. Think of it as a learnings opportunity, for more than just one person.

3 Likes

Cheers Woosha. Noted haha.

2 Likes

Not right to sidetrack? On Blitz?
Did I miss a meeting??

3 Likes

AKER

general DJR on the march

2 Likes

Thanks @Shelton10, it’s very much appreciated.

It is a bit of a labour of love but it’s also a lot more than that. It’s very gratifying to me and also gives me a sense of pride from the obvious appreciation I receive from so many of you here on the board. I wouldn’t go as often as I have been if not for that.

But also I’ve never had a large circle of friends. About 3 years ago when I used to just go by myself and read the great training reports from @jackie_mihocek, I introduced myself to him at training where he encouraged me to write a report myself.

Now we have a friendship and I regularly see him both at training and VFL games when they were on, as well as a number of other regular training watchers.

As a result of my training reports I’ve also been invited to do podcasts and youtube videos with @CJohns which I have really enjoyed, we are also now quite close and talk regulalry. Cal Twomey often also pops by and says hello with his fantastic knowledge of what’s going on at the club.

So now I never end up watching a session by myself and have gained a number of new friends in the process. We not only talk football but also sorts of topics like you would expect from any group of friends.

So while a bit of time and effort goes into attending and producing the reports, I feel I have personally gained a lot more out of the experience than I have given.

124 Likes

You left out the “travel advisor”. tips you gave me last year for a trip to China.

2 Likes

Wog
Lives
Matter

2 Likes

Yeah, I hate people too. Blitz can be useful for us maladjusted types.

11 Likes

@nackers just sounds needy now

2 Likes

Friendship with nackers is over. Nickers is new best friend.

1 Like

The exact opposite for mine. FarkCarlton are one up on us in getting up to Match fitness. WE are virtually starting from scratch as per Round 2 again.

Far more a hindrance than a benefit.

1 Like

yep. continuance with them guys is important. they don’t need a rest after one week ffs

1 Like

Not really relevant to thread but didn’t know where to put it.

2 Likes

With the Thursday night game they might then want us to play Melbourne on Tuesday night and the play again the Sunday after.

Great response, @nackers!

How is Ambrose looking? Do you think he’s dropped off since last year, or has he been kept out of the team by better players? If he’s really ready to go he would be a good tagger against Cripps.

In hindsight how lucky were we to go when we did!

And that’s the great thing about Blitz. It’s not just the footy, it’s things like the travel thread which is an amazing source of information. (On that note I’ve been working myself up to write about my fantastic trip walking the Kokoda Trail last year, I’ll get around to it eventually). But also the vast array of topics that a talked about and debated here by clearly well educated and knowledgeable people. I regularly tell others that you could ask a question about just about anything in the world and someone here will have the answer.

It’s a pity more get togethers aren’t organised though so we can meet fellow blitzers, the annual BBQ and blitz football match are great to attend. (Much more so than my actual playing though, I was completely shot after about 10 minutes and it took me weeks to recover)!

7 Likes

Quality of HOT CHIPS at the VFL vs AFL venues.

9 Likes

Nackers is Blitz Hall of Fame material with these reports.

Worth every dollar he is paid for them.

Thank you For the time and effort,

Just like being there.

8 Likes

Yep, that’s what I’d assume, as I posted previously.
Particularly with the moves to the WA Hub announced, it gets the Melbourne game out of the way before the next batch of Hub/ interstate matchups

1 Like