Training Tuesday 11/3/14

Is Winderlich involved in full training jackie, or modified group?

Modified

Howd Edwards go? Seems to have drifted off the radar a bit, wondering if hes still a chance to play early despite not playing any nab cup, cheers guys

He's going ok.  I can't understand why he's not playing NAB Cup unless it relates to some off field problem but I've heard nothing and really don't know.  He would have to be a chance to play later in the season in a Demsey type role.

Howd Edwards go? Seems to have drifted off the radar a bit, wondering if hes still a chance to play early despite not playing any nab cup, cheers guys

He's going ok.  I can't understand why he's not playing NAB Cup unless it relates to some off field problem but I've heard nothing and really don't know.  He would have to be a chance to play later in the season in a Demsey type role.

hmm, cheers jackie, hopefully he gets a gig seems to have been doing well thru the preseason, hopefully if dempsey or hibberd arent right for rnd1 edwards gets a look

As a third example Hardy took Thurlow aside in the forward line and explained to him not to cut across someone's space  and the Goddard told Hardy to "identify space."

Things getting deep this preseason. I wonder if Hardy invoked Kant, or if he's more of a Nietzsche type. 

I’m just imagining Thurlow on a lead inside 50 running into space as the ball carrier looks for an option, only to be told that it wasn’t HIS space and not to do it again… No wonder our fwd line is farked.

When Hardy is lecturing anyone about decision making we are FKD!

fixed

if Thurlow runs into space, and someone kicks it to the space, and then he runs onto the ball and marks it.

I shall faint.

Let’s not kid ourselves.

Thurlow will lead to the pocket, have it kicked 10m above his head or 10m in front of him, it’ll go out of bounds and our coaches will scratch their heads some more.

The Dubbo Demons Auskickers practice this. They are pretty good at it.

I wonder what it is exactly that you have to do to qualify to be considered an EFC player? It seems Hams doesn't exist. At least the club haven't deigned to update us once about his injury status and estimated recovery time. As a member and supporter the least we can expect is transparency. I rate him a fair bit and want to see him up and running asap.

Hams and Dalgleish - No official reports on their injuries.

Dalgleish was even named in the initial squad for our first practice game against GC (before predictably not making the final team). Based on the training reports, he hadn’t trained for a couple of weeks prior to that (and hasn’t been in full training since).

I see the recovery room was a bit more comprehensive this time round!

Hams back running, about a month away.

Tbell on track for round 6ish

Dempsey fully fit just completing his own mini pre season.

Hibberd progressing well, will be touch and go for round 1, may play.

Winders progressing well (injury on other side to his usual problem side) but given history will play it conservatively

Kommer battling. Patella tendon still giving him trouble. 'A few weeks away' from full training

Dalgliesh had an achilles injury, missed heaps of pre season training. Back running.

Browne- farked

I see the recovery room was a bit more comprehensive this time round!

Hams back running, about a month away.

Tbell on track for round 6ish

Dempsey fully fit just completing his own mini pre season.

Hibberd progressing well, will be touch and go for round 1, may play.

Winders progressing well (injury on other side to his usual problem side) but given history will play it conservatively

Kommer battling. Patella tendon still giving him trouble. 'A few weeks away' from full training

Dalgliesh had an achilles injury, missed heaps of pre season training. Back running.

Browne- farked

Jetta- Battling depression after logging on to Bomberblitz.

Fixed.

Fair casualty list. WTF did we do to them in the pre season.

Are we going to have a thread again regarding injuries like we have had previously on blitz?

Fair casualty list. WTF did we do to them in the pre season.

Hopefully we see this translate into having a longer lasting season instead of fading out in july/august.

As a third example Hardy took Thurlow aside in the forward line and explained to him not to cut across someone's space and the Goddard told Hardy to "identify space."

Things getting deep this preseason. I wonder if Hardy invoked Kant, or if he's more of a Nietzsche type.

If there's space in our forward line and no one leads into it, did it actually exist?

If Petrie marks and goals, and there are no North supporters to see it, did it happen?

Yes, because Blitz crashes as a result, and because Fletcher isn’t any good because he hasn’t played on an opposition #1 forward since 1994.

Our kicking skills early in past seasons have been nearly best in the comp, best at times.

I'm sure the cobwebs will be blown away shortly after round 1.