Training Tuesday 2/6/20

Francis ability or lack thereof in one on one contests is a concern. Seems to be the one area of his game he hasn’t really improved.

Great to see they were training specifically for slick ball movement, it’s an area we have struggled in

if the photo’s from the club are anything to go by… fat.

1 Like

It would have been just groups of 7 or 8 training yesterday.
They’re not necessarily injuries, it could just be load management or even just resting sore spots after the increase in loads after the time off.

2 Likes

I like your glass half full thinking… Hope your right

While I agree Francis can get caught out sometimes I’ve seen Townsend outmark a number of players during the pre season with good bodywork, including, Hooker, Hurley and Bellchambers.

3 Likes

I really don’t know myself, but it can be very easy to jump to incorrect conclusions.

1 Like

I know there isn’t much of a sample size considering he’s relatively new and been injured but what are your thoughts on Gown Nackers?

Something there?

wow, that’s very impressive then. How tall is Townsend?

Speaking of the pics on the club website. Is it just me or are our players hairier this year?

I am relieved that Fanta is taking all necessary precautions to ensure that nobody catches his quad.

17 Likes

Yes. I’m sure you are right but it does seem weird that you would schedule a player’s ‘light day’ on the days of the main session. Surely they would have been better off having yesterday off and training today.

I personally haven’t seen too much to get excited about from training or the VFL games I’ve been to, but I’ve heard others say at some of the games I’ve missed that he shows promise.

With his injuries I really haven’t seen enough to make a call one way or the other, but apparently he didn’t play much football before he was drafted so there should be a lot of development still in him.

1 Like

Is that when you don’t realise the front of your bath robe is open?

7 Likes

Yes, that’s what I would have thought

Only about 187. He’s shown not only a great ability to use his body really well but often reads the ball in flight much better then his opponent leading to easy marks.

1 Like

Nope. They just cut the grass.

4 Likes

Don’t forget all of the waxing salons have been closed.

7 Likes

Good on you mate.

If you ever see a 5ft.1 blowk with a mo and a big gut,
That’s Dad.

1 Like

Any chance of getting some colour photo of the players training thank you

The club website has a gallery of today’s session :slight_smile: