Training Tuesday 2/6/20

Thank you

Umm, the N is white on a green background.

16 other people that liked your post also need their eye’s checked.

4 Likes

This would have been a quicker summary.

2 Likes

Good to meet you today by the fence Nackers.
I don’t know what passing motorists must think of a group of fellows staring through a wire fence on a chilly morning.
Just a few observations, if I may.
Caracella seemed to be the main director out there today.
Too many players on the sidelines or in the modified group for my liking.
I would like their disposal to be sharper more consistently across a session. I know its impossible to be perfect but a higher standard is certainly needed on match days in my opinion. Our disposal does let us down at times and was sloppy on occasion today. Conditions were good today.
Good to see some attention paid to goalkicking at different stages of the session.
Stewart looked fit but was pretty rusty with some of his work, but great that he was out there getting into it.
On what I saw Phillips and Draper comfortably beat BC in the ruck on occasions. They seemed to have more spring to get to the tap and directed the ball well. I would be very disappointed if they went with BC as the sole ruckman, as they did against Freo.
Townsend certainly knows how to use the body in marking contests. I thought he made a couple of players look ordinary as his little hip nudge was subtle, perfectly timed and left the opponent floundering out of the contest.
Stringer was active in the centre with the midfielders. Adds a lot there.

41 Likes

Hurls has been though. Pretty physically too according to the last training report.

Regards Stringer in the middle. He can certainly get clearances but what about moving to cover when the ball comes back the other way. Does anyone know/understand how much running he has done and whether his tank has improved.

Also has anyone done a comparison between him and Dustin Martin (numbers not impressions) at the same stage of their careers?

Don’t know but Dusty still doesn’t run the other way.

5 Likes

I can confirm after comparing the two that they both have tattoos, but not the same tattoos.

2 Likes

What numbers do you want to compare? This is Stringer’s 8th year in the league. Martin’s 8th year in the league was 2017, when he won every award the AFL has averaging more disposals than Stringer has ever had.

5 Likes

Thanks @nackers & @dontildeath. Really look forward to & appreciate training reports. Like the idea that Townsend & Stringer could rotate through the centre & forward alternately. Any signs that this might be possible?

Hope tom hirds isn’t too serious. He’s dislocated that knee before aswell

1 Like

Thanks for that

Sad to hear Redman and Hurley are too sore to train

Lol

38 Likes

Ahahah

Callum can claim that.

Most of the other cretins in MSM can’t.

…

On the soreness front have to imagine it’s going to be a common thing. Players simply wouldn’t have been getting the intensity of training whilst in iso.

2 Likes

Which one of you clowns did that :joy:

11 Likes

Name and Shame yourself

1 Like

meh Hurley isn’t a big loss the guy is cooked imo.

1 Like

This. Haha. That’s cringe :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

twomey is a dons fan im pretty sure

2 Likes