he’s not wrong

1 Like

Some people are just miserable ■■■■■.

Not at training = he’s cooked
Running laps = he’s still cooked
Not sitting on heads and kicking snags from 70 = he’s f@$ked beyond repair

Can’t win

26 Likes

It must be absolutely stressing the physios, doctors, coaches, CEO and Board and last but in no way least, the long suffering Joe himself.

Any attempt to get him playing matches ,in 2020 is essentially rolling the dice on his career at the club and in the AFL for that matter.

fantastic he can perform these feats in such an attire

20 Likes

Imagine if he plays round 2.

1 Like

Not a chance in hell his playing round two, if he plays before round 6 this year it will be a miracle. the clubs already planning for next year, no point rushing him and he breaks down again

6 Likes

I know car crash victims may need years of rehab, but how many years does Joey need to spend in the gym to strengthen his hip musculature to be ready to play again ?
He might have lost flexibility, and that might be why he was walking around like a tin soldier.

So its good to see him loosening up.

No we’re not allowed in. There was quite a few press inside the ground on the boundary and there are various people that go past from time to time walking dogs so we thought we would wander in and stand at the top of the hill where we could see both ovals easily.

Dan Richardson then came over and very politely kicked us out. Most of the work is now on the main ground and we have just as good a view from outside the ground anyway.

15 Likes

You need to get your media accreditation from @CJohns :slight_smile: you have a media profile on the podcast now don’t forget. Maybe they can sort out a pass when they interview dan in the upcoming episiode.

3 Likes

images.jpeg-5

2 Likes

We are all ignorant of the detail of JD’s situation and progress, but we just make our best interpretations of what we see and are told.
Here’s mine.
Joe got to the stage, pre lockdown, where he was starting to ramp it up a bit. More intense running, changing direction, a bit more kicking. Now 10wks or so later (mid March to end May), he is back to slow jogging and a bit of short kicking.
He’s probably had a setback. He ramped up until he got pain. Then he had to back off, rest, and start again slowly, maybe with a change of technique (using the Irish guy’s approach of identifying the cause and changing the technique). This is consistent with Worsfold’s comments about non straight line progress.
Bottom line…….he’s miles off it. Long, long way to go.

1 Like

I did actually suggest that to him, it didn’t work unfortunately!

2 Likes

I’m not sure I understand. What’s the risk with 5 or 10 hardy fans standing on a hill?

I think if you allow 5 or 10 then 50 or 60 will show up.

2 Likes

It’s a big hill

1 Like