Training Tuesday 6/4/21

Yes, but he wasn’t part of the 22. So we’re back to Zaka as sub. Which is ok.

1 Like

Agree. Looks far more focussed on the 1 percenters that make him effective.

Zaka med sub

Heppel for Redman

9 Likes

It’s 22 games since Zaka got 26 disposals.

(Not picking on Zaka, but that was not a droppable game by Smith.)

3 Likes

Thanks @jackie_mihocek. Enjoyed the literary flourishes also!
Great news Re Hurley & Stewart.
Selection will certainly be interesting as no one really deserves to be left out (apart from altering the sub).

Zaharakis is past it. In fact he hasn’t been any good for the last few years. The new rules won’t do him any favours either. Play the kids.

Aren’t we discussing the medical sub?

Out of Cutler and Zaka - I’d be picking Zaka.

12 Likes

Thanks JM. Any sign of Paddy Ambrose?

I wouldn’t be dropping Smith either, but out of interest how many games since they, respectively, kicked 3 goals in a game?

With the fact we are both getting more inside 50’s, winning the ball in midfield and moving with a chain of possessions through half forward instead of bombing it I think Zaka would actually do well.

He showed last year at stages still a very capable player.

I know some people like to stick the boots into him but he’ll still offer plenty this year IMO. How they fit him in ensuring also looking after the development of younger players with game time remains to be seen though.

8 Likes

Zaka in for Cutler :+1:

As for anyone else (unless injured/managed) I don’t think so.

Last year Zaka played 10 games and I would say only one of them was better than what our first gamer Archie produced, with less game time in a similar role.

Zaka is great depth at the moment.

1 Like

just on the pressure small forward/hff role.

smith 28 pressure acts, 5 tackles, 4 onepercenters

snelling 12, 6, 0

walla 15, 3, 0

waterman 9, 2, 2

14 Likes

This is a big game for Truck, the newbies and the team as a whole. Get within 4 goals of Swans on Thursday and that’s OK.

Anything better an absolute bonus. Keeping feet on the ground.

It’s also a really big test for our boys up the back this. BZT to pick up Buddy for mine but he’ll need to wear him like a glove. They’ll look for him and if Swans play the game like v Richmond there’ll be lots of 1 vs 1s. Ridders and Francis will need to play blinders.

And Zaka in as Medic sub surely. If someone goes down in first 5 minutes who’d you rather call, Zaka or Cutler?

I think we know the answer to that one.

5 Likes

Agree 100%.

Zaharakis is a great medical sub this season.

There is no reason for him to plays seniors, unless we have lots of injuries.

1 Like

Posted this in the St Kilda review thread. This poster on twitter has rated them all. Ham and Snelling doing well. Cox and Jones too.

10 Likes

A win would be miraculous for this team.

but going toe to toe with the in form team of the competition would go a long way to being foundational for this team’s belief in the game plan and what it wants to achieve.

3 Likes

He won a few games for us ,against North Melbourne when he kicked 3 goals ,kick three goals against Gold coast suns we have a draw, Sydney kicked a few goals

1 Like

Yeah, it didn’t occur to me he could make it back for vfl. That makes putting him in as soon fine I reckon

I actually think this new game style suits Zaka. More outside, handpass ball, that is his bread and butter. I’d definitely be bringing him in but understand that it’d be harsh on any player after a huge win.

9 Likes

After the last week, it would send an awful message to the playing group.

Need to reward the players that all put in.

3 Likes