Training Tuesday 6/4/21

4 Likes

Cheers for the report, JM!

Sounds like Heppell in for Redman is the logical change, with Zaharakis taking Cutler’s spot as the sub (who can then play VFL on the Friday night if he isn’t used in the seniors).

Hopefully everyone else who featured in the Saints win gets up in time, given the short break.

1 Like

Excellent rhetorical question you know the answer to :slight_smile:

Zaka has 10 games with 3+ goals (from 217 games): kicked 3 in his most “recent” game.

Smith has 11 games with 3+ goals (from 157 games). Has only kicked 3 goals for us once.

I can’t understand why anyone would be down on Smith. He’s been hard at it in every game, and a very effective pressure player.

30 Likes

modified.

Smith is providing good run, positioning, pressure, and direction to the kids.
Zaka brings none of these things.

Those that suggest Smith should be dropped have an agenda, or were watching a different game.

3 Likes

Yes. He’s doing more each week. Not too far away I think.

1 Like

I wouldn’t drop him, but I also wouldn’t drop anyone. I have no idea what his role in the team is now, and I didn’t before

He’s still learning(s).

3 Likes

look i love a good agenda, just be convincing.

1 Like

Can just imagine Campbell, Lloyd, Dawson or Mills running straight past Zaharakis and get the easy handball receive, and bursting the ball straight into Buddy’s chest. Do not play Zaharakis! Forward pressure is crucial, and he doesn’t provide any of that. It’s like trying to watch Marc Murphy in 2021.

3 Likes

Get some medicine for that conjunctivitis. You’ll see a lot better. Before Zaka got injured he was starring and kicking goals. He was vital. Sure, earlier in the year he was given a lock-down role which didn’t suit him or us. I want the goal-kicking back in the 22, but not just yet. The ones in the team deserve another shot. It’s enough to bring the skipper in and rest Redman to have him cherry ripe for the next game. Zaka can get his go if there are injuries or loss of form, but don’t write him off, he’s a legend!!

1 Like

Thanks Jackie

Was wanting to know do the players happen to sign anything at the end of training. Have a couple of days off with my six year old and was thinking of popping down to training?

Ok, Mr Zaharakis. Hope your son gets a game soon then!

6 Likes

I think people are getting carried away with the saints win. They were terrible…

1 Like

Good to hear from you again JM, welcome back, we have missed your keen eye and sparkling reports. You are the bearer of many glad tidings, however one issue remains.

Tiffany watch?

1 Like

This is wrong, oh so wrong. He had a couple of good games and also some absolute shockers last year, he was lucky to keep his spot before his little good form patch, let’s not kid ourselves and say he starred and was vital

2 Likes

no wonder my question didn’t get answered. them swans spies are probably on blitz sweating on the fitness of redman :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m a bit out of the loop. How has Sydney turned themselves around so quick, they finished bottom 4 last year and now they’re the in form team of the comp?