Training Tuesday 6/4/21

Tanking and Academy

6 Likes

Majority of vital senior players they had out injured in 2020 have returned

Their onball division is very strong and mature.

They brought in an experienced ruck - Hickey- instead of having to rely on depth who weren’t up to it while their main rucks were out injured (still are)

Don Pike came on board whose overhauled their ball movement/attacking side

They’ve hit jackpot with some of their 2020 draftees/academy kids, and development of other kids taken past 2yrs.

2 Likes

They used to but I don’t think its happening at present with COVID etc.

Perhaps ring the club to find out.

Norf letting them have Logan McDonald.

14 Likes

Unbelievable NM passed on Logan Mc.

6 Likes

Biggest zone in the world

2 Likes

I always hear “If it weren’t for the Swans academy there would be no kids wanting to play/follow footy in NSW”

fck off. What a bullshit cop out that is not when the team is getting an unfair advantage in drafting elite talent.

it’s bullshit that the Swans have first dibs where elite NSW talent comes from

1 Like

Smith had 26 and a goal
Not a chance

1 Like

Based on the original post, I have this mental image on how the club is currently treating Merrett :joy:

10 Likes

Smith had a great game.

I dont reckon zaka is done. I do however hope he isn’t playing the stupid role they had him playing most of last year

4 Likes

Zaka kicked about 2 or 3 goals and had 30 odd disposals in a one off game if I recall. Was it the syd game?

@karmabomber has discovered where the golden egg came from.

5 Likes

It is North Melbourne.

Pass me another Aaron Hall.

4 Likes

Their two academy kids who got the two rising star noms are both Sydney metro.

They are just a well run club that develops young talent well in their academy program. I think the afl pumped plenty of dough into it tho.

3 Likes

It’s also round 3.

4 Likes

I love Zaharakis as much as anyone, I love all our long-term drafted boys. But there’s no way he should get a game ahead of a Cox or a Perkins. I see Smith as similarly cooked to Zaka but Smith is the incumbent and after last game no one deserves the axe.

It’s a good problem to have, having a hard side to break into. Sorry Zaka but you have to wait your turn because there’s no one to omit.

Also I hope you aren’t exaggerating with the Merrett thing and they are pulling out all stops to keep him!!!

Bollocks

Zaharakis as sub makes too much sense.

And he’d still have time to get back into Melbourne before the Friday night VFL praccy match vs Frankston, to get the additional game time he needs should he not get a decent run on Thursday.

5 Likes