Training Wed 24th Nov

Not as dynamic as Stringer, very few are.

Although Jesse Hogan at times did a little pinch hitting in midfield. I’d say he’s more a similar player to him. The Don IIRC said also Jack Darling like.

So…we’re just gonna ignore that pic of Draper and Francis?

Okay…

Rance is an absolute ■■■■■■■ weapon. Get him on the list! Or at least put him in charge of conditioning.

7 Likes

Dropped in on this session, two absolute standouts for me were Caldwell and Draper. For a massive man with a somewhat awkward gait, Draper performed amazingly in the repeat sprints. Regularly crossing the line second in his group. Caldwell was also doing a wrestling drill with Ham. The drill involved having one of them begin in a position where they pinned the other flat to the ground. They then had to fight their way out of it. Caldwell flipped and pinned Ham every single time he was on the bottom, yet didn’t allow it to happen to himself once. The strength in his legs is amazing.

29 Likes

Caldwell was essentially wrestling a 14 year old boy, so let’s put it in perspective!

30 Likes

and the 14 yr old hasn’t hit puberty just yet.

3 Likes

And has undiagnosed degenerative muscle condition

2 Likes

Seriously, would it hurt for Francis to pick up some weights and do some arm curls!

Well no, but it would be pretty pointless (curls that is)

Yeah, Why would we want a KPP with any muscle!

That’s not what I said

You said it would be pointless.

Bi curls would be, yes. Would serve him virtually no benefit. Other movements though….

2 Likes

I disagree. Arm strength is important in 1 on 1 contests. Probably why he gets beaten in contests so often.

1 Like

CHEST BRAH

Clearly chest, but arm strength also important.

Plenty of more benificial ways to develop arm/grip/grappling strength to help in one on one contests. If I was doing exercise prescription to help him in contested situations, curls would be a lonnnnggggg way down the list.

2 Likes

Since when did you transform from shitposter to serious business on blitz???

1 Like

Just because it was serious, doesn’t mean it wasn’t a shitpost!

6 Likes

Francis needs endurance more than bulk. Far more benefit from him being a tad lighter and covering the ground better.

4 Likes