Training Wednesday 1/3/17

I’m not stressed about Hooker. If you just settle into the idea that he’ll be booked in for surgery in Round 8 after playing 2 games life is much easier.

"...Today I decided to concentrate on Begley who is potentially in contention for a forward spot and I think he furthered his claims in leading drills one on one with a defender outplaying Morgan to such an extent that Harvey called "Bags go on Fridge." which resulted in a two all duel..."

Yeh, but Morgan is just another kid.

I can only report what I see.

Morgan is in his second year, Begley his first, and although he is not as strong as Begley I would have thought he would have an edge in pace on the lead.

This is what i was saying in the Redman thread, Morgan is pretty big and apparently really quick, but i just don;t see it with the bloke, don’t think he’ll make it unfortunately.

BEGLEY went past Francis after about 10 minutes on Sunday. Not to say that’s how it’ll stay, but Francis is nowhere near the seniors and to me, that’s disappointing

Francis plays more like a true key tall than Begley and Laverde do.

Francis plays?

About as much as Begley and Laverde have as ‘true key talls’.

Francis plays?

Certainly there's shades of the Paul Hamilton 'tell them nothing, take their money, assume they're morons' approach to fan engagement with regards to Hooker's injury...

Settle

Certainly there's shades of the Paul Hamilton 'tell them nothing, take their money, assume they're morons' approach to fan engagement with regards to Hooker's injury...

maybe he’s got Mutch flu

I think Francis should be playing back
Yep, reminds me of Hurley in that aspect.

Certainly there’s shades of the Paul Hamilton ‘tell them nothing, take their money, assume they’re morons’ approach to fan engagement with regards to Hooker’s injury…

Really not happy with the Hooker situation by the club. Clearly a bad hamstring injury, but we’ve been fed rubbish about it for weeks and he’s being deliberately left out of injury reports also. Why so much secrecy all the time?

"...Today I decided to concentrate on Begley who is potentially in contention for a forward spot and I think he furthered his claims in leading drills one on one with a defender outplaying Morgan to such an extent that Harvey called "Bags go on Fridge." which resulted in a two all duel..."

I can only report what I see.

Morgan is in his second year, Begley his first, and although he is not as strong as Begley I would have thought he would have an edge in pace on the lead.

What is your take on Hooker's conditioning Jackie - is he even in contention for round1? Would you bring him in against the hawks without a JLT game under his belt?

I don’t really know how he is travelling. I think he would need a couple of runs in the vfl but I’m no expert.

I think Francis should be playing back

Pick 6 curse strikes again.

Thanks Jackie. Hope they can sort out the clearance issues soon!

“…Today I decided to concentrate on Begley who is potentially in contention for a forward spot and I think he furthered his claims in leading drills one on one with a defender outplaying Morgan to such an extent that Harvey called “Bags go on Fridge.” which resulted in a two all duel…”

1 Like

The fact that Hooker is still not joining in is a real worry.
As far as the club has reported so far, Hooker has had no more than “hamstring tightness”. That’s becoming harder and harder to believe as each day goes by.

You mention that Begley might be ahead of Francis for a forward spot. But surely Laverde must be ahead of them at this stage? Or do people see spots for 2 of those ‘leadup medium 3rd marking tall’ types in the team?

I sort of figured there’s probably only 1 to partner two KPF (Daniher, Hooker) and our 3 small forwards (Fanta, Green, Tippa) considering Fantasia is quite dangerous as a target to kick to along with some of our midfielders who can rest forward and play similar roles (Watson, Langford). Possibility of Begley getting a spot over Tippa maybe? If the coaches choose to structure it up that way.

What is your take on Hooker’s conditioning Jackie - is he even in contention for round1?
Would you bring him in against the hawks without a JLT game under his belt?