Training Wednesday 18/12/19

Thanks Nackers

Given how intense the training was, im sure the players will want to be in good nick coming back after christmas.

Love that we are doing extended repeat sprinting drills and followup goal kicking / passing on tired legs.

2 Likes

I think this particular Blitz myth dates from Laverde playing when he was struggling with injury/fitness earlier in his career.

9 Likes

KICKS TO ADVANTAGE
Be still my beating heart.

1 Like

its not The Essendon Wayā„¢

1 Like

I blame the coterie groups. Itā€™s all political.

Tricky question as emotions may effect the answer but how have you compared this preseason pre Christmas to previous preseasons? Injuries sure look greater but drills, culture physique?

1 Like

Which of the coaches was most prominent today Nackers? Is Rutten the one who seems to be running things with Worsfold more in the background? Hoping that is the case.

I didnā€™t really take much notice sorry. The only time we saw Worsfold he was talking to a trainer behind the goals. Rutten and Caracella certainly seem to be more prominent so far.

7 Likes

who is that?

Ambrose

6 Likes

Thanks nackers. Good to hear. And thanks for the great training reports.

Brad Hillā€™s worst nightmare

17 Likes

@Heather_Mills something something legs

?? Yes, buffering lactic acid is important. Repeat 150s will absolutely be training that. >2km does not train it very effectively, intensity drops too much.

Soccer players train for repeats sprints and minimal distance stuff. The top midfielders can do around the 12km mark but they do it at far greater intensity. They also train and play a lot more.

Apparently Richmond identify through drafting and trading that perform well in high intensity repeat sprints. They donā€™t cover nearly as much ground as a lot of other team, but that could be a result of the ball being down their end so much.

1 Like

Thanks for the report Nackers, any news on my boy Ham? Seems to fly under the radar a bit, hoping heā€™s one guy who could go to the next level this year?

If we somehow become a contender and look like a real force then Caracella is legit and is worth a lot of money.

2 Likes

Heā€™s one whoā€™s actually looking pretty good. Still needs to develop physically, but heā€™s a good little player. Expect him to play some more senior footy this year.

6 Likes

Isnā€™t the lactic acid stuff largely debunked now?