Training Wednesday 25th January 2023

Send McGrath to Menzie.

2 Likes

Shiel on red team, I think Caldwell is now black team number 5…so confusing

Lots of players swapped teams at the half time break. Ignore all previous allegiances.

Phillips now rucking for black against Bryan. And Phillips gets the knock.

Merrett coolly evades tackles then kicks long to where Draper marks strongly. Just misses.

Menzies now in black leads to the pocket and marks on his chest. Misses the left foot kick around the corner.

Hambo has joined me on the hill. We reckon red 49 is Sam Conforti who’s winning heaps of the ball.

Walla wins the ball in the f50, gets tackled but handballs to Jake who slots it

27 Likes

Ooooohhh Walla! Ball loose in the forward line he had no right to, wins it anyway then squeezed a pass to Merrett, who hits the post. But so good to see Walla gaining in confidence

29 Likes

Give me more Walla genius. How good is it to have him back.

18 Likes

Guelfi lays a tackle at 55m and rewarded a free. Kicks a lovely long goal with the wind.

Nice scrapping between Stringer and Hayes who holds his own. Eventually Menzies marks and goals. Has a bag now.

Montgomery good contested mark v Martin. Looks a footballer.

Walla wins the ball again on the forward line, turns his man inside out and then … some gormless idiot blows the three quarter time siren. FFS.

50 Likes

Who is number 40 for the reds. Wearing a sun viser

7 9 51
2 1 13
Blacks lead

Standard pretty good. Fast ball movement, not many clangers, pressure at appropriate practice levels of intensity. Hambo: “it’s almost starting to resemble some sort of game plan!” Lol.

Zerrett very good that quarter. Still no sign of 2MP but I’d agree with the earlier report that there didn’t appear to be much in it.

8 Likes

Dunno who 40 is

Either Perk or Davey just slotted a gem from the boundary in heavy traffic

6 Likes

45 Likes

the panic that sets in when you realise 2MP might be injured just shows how fkd we will be without him. zero decent key forwards

9 Likes

Also our forwardline plan is Kick it to Wright.
Thats where having great users like A Davey and Walla will help us hit up targets inside 50.

2 Likes

Any chance you can list the teams? (Roughly)
Thanks

Is Weideman playing ?

McBride turns it over, Menzies gets it to Merrett who dobs one from outside 50.

At the bounce Phillips wins it to Caldwell then Hobbs bangs it in and … I forgot where I was going with that cos Montgomery just took a bit of a hanger.

Good ball movement and Caldwell snaps a beauty from the boundary.

Martin just brilliant, again and again. Slots a goal. Love how Davey is still very busy.

45 Likes

Menzie will save us!

5 Likes

DAVEY ROUND 1 HYPE TRAIN

11 Likes

Menzie here, Menzie there
They’re everywhere

4 Likes

Assuming no.6 in black is Harley Reid, he could play AFL tomorrow.

6 Likes

Harley Reid shanks one. Lol.

Voss is a front and centre contested Alpha male beast who doesn’t quite have the skills to cap it off.

Phillips winning more ruck duels than Draper. The Langford late goal, and it looks like we’re done

12 Likes