Training Wednesday 28/1/15

A reply to: @wezza regarding QuoteLink

Quoted Post
A reply to: @bdstratton regarding QuoteLink
guys do you know when the next open training session is?

I was hoping to go to the club on saturday if the guys are training

Boys are back on Monday apparently.

Not too sure though.

Dare say that the players would have negotiated an early training session on Monday given that most of them are NFL fans.

Think last year they were actually in the weights room on excersise bikes when it was on and they were all watching it…

A reply to: @Windy Dill regarding QuoteLink

A reply to: @Nocturnal regarding QuoteLink
with reports of Giles generally struggling in the running, what can expect from him this year? I was hoping for more than a tap relief rucknan who gets subbed half way through the third.

He was bought in to fill the void left by Ryder. So far in the running drills he is proving a like-for-like replacement.

Giles sounds Laconic…

:slight_smile:

Quoted Post

A reply to: @Peeto87 regarding QuoteLink
I think Ambrose's action is awful but credit to him he's been good at set shots in matches IMO. His "leg swing" is straight as an arrow.

He kicked 13.3 last year.

What problem?

Isn’t that my point?

with reports of Giles generally struggling in the running, what can expect from him this year? I was hoping for more than a tap relief rucknan who gets subbed half way through the third.

He was bought in to fill the void left by Ryder. So far in the running drills he is proving a like-for-like replacement.

To be fair, he probably would’ve lapped Ryder.

Quoted Post

Law of nature. All the fast runners will hit their lactate threshold and die in the arxe in the last quarter, and the slow ruckman will run out the game. :)

I believe you misspelt “the big men don’t get any smaller”.

Law of nature. All the fast runners will hit their lactate threshold and die in the arxe in the last quarter, and the slow ruckman will run out the game. :slight_smile:

As long as Giles beat the IT guy home were in front

Quoted Post
I think Ambrose's action is awful but credit to him he's been good at set shots in matches IMO. His "leg swing" is straight as an arrow.

He kicked 13.3 last year.

What problem?

Isn’t that my point?

Yeah… I was agreeing with you. Adding strength to your already strong point.

Quoted Post

Giles sounds Laconic…

:slight_smile:

Hahaha yeah I guess my concerns an not founded in any reality.

Giles may be slow and laconic. But get these stats. The guy is actually not bad compared with ruckmen/forwards in the middle range. Remember he has played in a really crappy team, so he definitely is better when forward. Hits outs to advantage. I really dont know.

J Giles:Average HO/game 23.2, average goals 0.76, Contested Marks /g 0.84
P Ryder Average HO/game 15.19, average goals 0.69 Contested Marks /g 0.68
W Minson Average HO/game 21.08, average goals 0.43 Contested Marks /g 0.99

Really, a lot of Blitzers dont rate him, OK he was not as good as Mummy as a pure ruckman, but he appears to have better overall stats asross the ground and as a forward than both Ryder and Minson.

IIrc Dodoro watched this guy for 4 seasons prior to getting him on board. Must see something in him. We might be surprised. I hope we are.

Lol, if anyones gonna be last you want it to be a ruckman. molehill meet moutain.

Haha he was the slowest but not way back from the pack. He is a ruckman after all no one expects him to be the quickest.

Reminds me a lot of David Hille.

Quoted Post

I miss Ol Hille! Was a gun in his prime

Quoted Post

Yeah, he’s really tall like him.

Quoted Post

Hille had a great aerobic capacity.

… Looked amazing in leg warmers.

I’m gonna be devastated if Gleeson can’t bench as much as Giles.
Could only point to an a.p.

Blitz, ragging on the last guy in a time trial even if he is a 105kg, 201cm ruckman since 2002

Law of nature … the last in the herd always gets picked off by the predators.