Training Wednesday 28/1/15

A reply to: @benfti regarding QuoteLink

Ambrose's ball drop is the problem

Yes his ball drop is a very slow action. Will continue to get tackled and bumped of the ball if he can’t start getting speed of ball to foot quicker when running up the ground.

I think Ambrose’s action is awful but credit to him he’s been good at set shots in matches IMO. His “leg swing” is straight as an arrow.

I thought the laps were just part of the training session routine. Makes sense now.

A reply to: @Peeto87 regarding QuoteLink

I think Ambrose's action is awful but credit to him he's been good at set shots in matches IMO. His "leg swing" is straight as an arrow.

He kicked 13.3 last year.

What problem?

A reply to: @Paul Peos regarding QuoteLink

A reply to: @Peeto87 regarding QuoteLink
I think Ambrose's action is awful but credit to him he's been good at set shots in matches IMO. His "leg swing" is straight as an arrow.

He kicked 13.3 last year.

What problem?

he stole dells spot.

with reports of Giles generally struggling in the running, what can expect from him this year? I was hoping for more than a tap relief rucknan who gets subbed half way through the third.

A reply to: @Nocturnal regarding QuoteLink

with reports of Giles generally struggling in the running, what can expect from him this year? I was hoping for more than a tap relief rucknan who gets subbed half way through the third.

Kicked two goals in the practice match - might be handy up forward.

For what its worth Fletch and Hooker weren’t brilliant in the running although both were well ahead of Giles.

A reply to: @paddyl90 regarding QuoteLink

I'll also add I don't mind Shaun McKernan we got from the Crows. Interested to see where he fits in with our team structure. Seems like a nice bloke too. Well if you can forgive him this cheap shot a few years ago.

If he puts a hit like that on Judd or Goodes or better yet that flog Merrett he will be a legend in my eyes!

Wouldn’t worry about his 400m running. I was there last Friday and he may have run last in his group but still ran well for a ruckman. Bellchambers didn’t do the 400s and I would be surprised if he did any better than Giles.

A reply to: @Revie regarding QuoteLink

Wouldn’t worry about his 400m running. I was there last Friday and he may have run last in his group but still ran well for a ruckman. Bellchambers didn’t do the 400s and I would be surprised if he did any better than Giles.

Someone has to run last in these things.
Surely it’s preferable to be the ruckmen. To be honest if it’s not the ruckmen, then either our ruckmen are super athletes or others on the list have a serious fitness issue.

Did I read they had 4 days off after yesterday? paddyl90 further up this page…

I spoke to Benny for a few minutes and he said this was easily the toughest training session of the pre-season to date. They finished up around 10:30 after starting at just before 8:30 and then they had to go in to do weights session at 11:00am. I don't know how they do it after the triathlon Saturday, big session Monday and today's massive session. They do have 4 days off now which Benny mentioned so I guess everyone put their 100% in today.

guys do you know when the next open training session is?

I was hoping to go to the club on saturday if the guys are training

A reply to: @bdstratton regarding QuoteLink

Boys are back on Monday apparently.

Not too sure though.

haven’t released training dates for feb yet.

clubs pretty relaxed about people turning up whenever though, go bomber shop go the cafe etc etc.

I think it's slightly important as to whether he's just slow, or unfit. You can cope with a slow ruckman. It's much harder to deal with a guy who can't run out matches.

In his first years at GWS he played almost every minute, and most of that in the guts.

A reply to: @Henry’s Angry Pills regarding QuoteLink

I think it's slightly important as to whether he's just slow, or unfit. You can cope with a slow ruckman. It's much harder to deal with a guy who can't run out matches.

In his first years at GWS he played almost every minute, and most of that in the guts.

Agreed the guy was actually quite good in his first 2 years at GWS. In his last year he dropped back probably in fitness as well as number of games, when Mumford came in. In his last full season ( 2013) he had more hitouts than Ryder and kicked more goals than Ryder This is when he played for one of the weakest teams in the competition.

Dont put this guy down. Might have come out of nowhere ( GWS) but is capable and they will increase his fitness levels through training. In just the last 2 weeks he has come off a hamstring strain, so if he is coming last in the running, maybe he is not pushing it.

Its funny actually, because at training he makes TBell look very mobile !

Just thought it worth mentioning that despite having 4 days off Dempsey was there running laps today.

Thats coz he’s such a goddamed whale!

And so it goes on … & all this rubbish just because the original poster that started this couldn’t spell.

What he meant was, Demps is so Phat!

He was bought in to fill the void left by Ryder. So far in the running drills he is proving a like-for-like replacement.

Quoted Post

A reply to: @bdstratton regarding QuoteLink

Boys are back on Monday apparently.

Not too sure though.

Dare say that the players would have negotiated an early training session on Monday given that most of them are NFL fans.