Training Wednesday 7/5/14

Ambrose training with the AFL side?

YES and looking good but maybe didn't do enough in the VFL to get a call up this week.
Also, I didn't mention before that both Gleeson and Gregory joined in full training. Gleeson certainly looks ready after a week's rest if a slot becomes available - maybe in place of Winders or if Winders plays then Ashby may lose his spot?

I think gleesons form has been good enough to not need a spot to open up. I think he's the incumbent right now.

Where the hell is Fraser at?? 

Fraser was in the crowd during the weekend VFL game, if that's any use… probably not

Outstanding reports, thanks JM and karma. Great to hear that J Merrett and Gleeson trained strongly and that the overall energy levels were up.

Ambrose training with the AFL side?

YES and looking good but maybe didn't do enough in the VFL to get a call up this week.
Also, I didn't mention before that both Gleeson and Gregory joined in full training. Gleeson certainly looks ready after a week's rest if a slot becomes available - maybe in place of Winders or if Winders plays then Ashby may lose his spot?
I think gleesons form has been good enough to not need a spot to open up. I think he's the incumbent right now.
Agree. I think he's quite versatile too (ie can push up to a wing or even HFF), which should work in his favour.

Good to hear Gregory back in training

I don't think the Freo game has anything to do with our form.......it didn't last year, but a win can provide energy and I think this is why training was a little more sharper.

Gleeson and Ashby are both playing well and deserve their spots each week get games into them.

Liking Ashbys work atm, not getting a heap of it but some of the contests he’s been involved in have been really impressive.

Energy......what's been missing.

If we play how we train, I expect to win on Sat-far superior side on paper.

Agree that this is a good sign. Sounds like they are starting to build, not so flat.

I don't think the Freo game has anything to do with our form.......it didn't last year, but a win can provide energy and I think this is why training was a little more sharper.

Gleeson and Ashby are both playing well and deserve their spots each week get games into them.

Seriously? Most of the playing list with gastro playing in 32+ heat with three successive six day breaks and you don't think that might cause a problem? Bit of a different scenario to our Freo game last year.

Hope Ambrose comes back this week, and Gleeson.

Winders won't play - no way they would risk him he is too vaulable. Just very thankful it wasnt the dreaded ACL. Staggering he wasnt awared a free with the sliding rule.

Wouldn’t a spy jus put an essendon polo on and get left alone?

Wouldn't a spy jus put an essendon polo on and get left alone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_EMnY79UVc

I may sound a bit ungracious but with respect and appreciation for most of your reports, a little less analysis and a little more reporting would be great!

Hope Ambrose comes back this week, and Gleeson.

Winders won't play - no way they would risk him he is too vaulable. Just very thankful it wasnt the dreaded ACL. Staggering he wasnt awared a free with the sliding rule.

I'm staggered that they didn't surround him with a curtain and carry him away in a box.

Was sure it was all over for him.

Thanks for the report!

Hows jobey one looking physically? Full steam ahead?

I may sound a bit ungracious but with respect and appreciation for most of your reports, a little less analysis and a little more reporting would be great!

You're right, it does sound ungracious.

What do you want them to provide?  More details on what the drills are, even if they're the same drills over and over from session to session?

They've already made it clear they won't be going into too much detail on injuries and that's fair enough.  It's the club's right to keep that info as private as they can imo.

I reckon what JM and Karmabomber provide is excellent.

What do you want them to provide?  More details on what the drills are, even if they're the same drills over and over from session to session?

They've already made it clear they won't be going into too much detail on injuries and that's fair enough.  It's the club's right to keep that info as private as they can imo.

Well, not speaking for BarkerBomber, but I want HM or Karma to provide diagrams and video of stoppage/kick-in setups and forward line  drills. Then I can sell them to Brisbane.

Awesome reports, thanks everyone. Can't believe how lucky we are to have such generous members giving their time for such insightful posts.

fixed

Thanks for the report!
Hows jobey one looking physically? Full steam ahead?

He moved freely at training yesterday. Figure he's due for a big game this weekend :)

Surely they can keep stats on how many touches each player gets.

I mean, we are paying them to provide us with all this info. We should demand more for our buck.