Travel Thread

Yeah, I booked a flight to Northern NSW for the end of this month but will almost certainly have to cancel that. Was going to change to Noosa but now with this unknown case QLD will be closing its border soon as well.

Any room in SA?

I hope we are sensible and level headed about our border and don’t close it off just yet.
Not sure if any room, we had another run of SA Travel vouchers yesterday that was open Australia wide and the site crashed it was dealing with that many people but the promo got rid of all 75,000 vouchers in 40 minutes still

I got another one! Woo hoo!

There’s always room @rossoneri, come on down.

Might have to expand the blitz “girls” night out and let the blokes attend lol

1 Like

Aren’t there like 5 girls on Blitz at the best of times?

So, SA is looking good right about now. If we do 10 days, that enough (or too much)

Any decent spots to go to (don’t tell me Barossa Valley and that’s it)

Want good beaches and good food

You go down south. Great beaches and you have McLaren Vale on the other side of the road for all your wine and food needs. You can also go to Kangaroo Island. 10 days is plenty and I don’t think too much if you want to do relaxing things.

1 Like

I’d always make the effort to go through Hahndorf in the Hills.

I went to South Aus last winter (2019) and went Mount Gambier, Millicent, Robe, Kingston, Meningie, into Adelaide, down to Glenelg, then Victor Harbour and Goolwa, then up to the Clare Valley and Quorn and back along the river, turning south in Mildura.

I’m off the plonk so didn’t worry too much about wine country.

1 Like

I loved going to Victor Harbour and Goolwa… one thing I always missed from Adelaide. Just under an hour’s drive out of the city and you could see the wide ocean… you’d need at least twice as long a drive from Melbourne to see the same thing.

Hahndorf is always a nice visit, make sure to enjoy the German food.

2 Likes

I was hanging for a currywurst and a wiener schnitzel, but they’d taken the currywurst ff the menu for that week.

Our U/17 Country Week carnival finished today with Mount Gambier beating Horsham to win it. The Mount Gambier people just said they play in these carnivals because Adelaide is so far away. Two good crews, and it was such a pleasure to see the two Warrnambool teams knocked out in the semis yesterday. I think one of the two had won the last 8 or 9 carnivals.

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Missing planes

Thrifty very shifty. Went to book a car earlier, $500 for about 8 days, left the windows open and went out, cane back and it let me select it but wouldn’t let me go to the next page. So opened up another tab (left this one open) and the proce jumped to $750, exact same car.

Oh well.

Noosa it is (for now)

9 news saying international travel isn’t on the cards this year. Particularly to the US and UK.

Understandable but still sad about the prospect of no international trips.

1 Like

Just the gloomers.
Sure there won’t be unlimited travel but places will open back up and barring that it’s easy to get an exemption. No way on Earth will I be stopped :joy:

1 Like

Then you’ll be one of those Aussies all the bleeding hearts are begging the government to do more for to be let back in.

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

We getting free extensions on passport expiration dates?

Mine is actually due in ten months.

1 Like

Oh very good point. I hadn’t thought of that.

1 Like

Nope, plenty of options available if you are willing to pay. I’m not planning to go to the US but most likely I’ll go to the UK as we have at least 1 wedding on the cards