Travel Thread

Yes I know, that’s why I said compared to Tokyo. I loved but you can tell there are alot of Chinese there (or felt like it anyway). What’s the name of the big shopping mall? You could spot the Chinese because they were the ones walkingin the right and leaving their suitcases in the middle and congregating in large groups blocking the walkway despite the announcement coming on every 5 minutes saying not to do those things

I know from my many trips to China that they can’t stand the Japanese and they are very racist towards them. The Chinese can be quite rude but you get used to it and go with the flow after awhile. The only thing that my wife hasn’t come to grips with is their constant spitting, she absolutely hates it.

1 Like

Chinese guy at restaurant last night dropped his guts.

No respect

Ok, that’s true. Korean and Chinese tourists on shopping holidays carting massive suitcases in busy public places is pretty annoying right now.

There was that little incident in Nanjing back in the late 30s…

1 Like

When l was in Osaka the Chinese didn’t worry us. It was the flamin bikes riding on the footpath that nearly cleaned us up multiple times

1 Like

Chinese, Japanese, American, English, French, German, Dutch, Aussies etc etc - all tourists are a pain the rear. They are on farking holiday !!! And having fun !!! Get a life.

Think some of the comments above are racist.

It takes time to get used to that, for sure. Gotta hold your line and trust they’ll swerve!

At least be respectful to the locals and others on holiday. Just because you are on holidays doesn’t mean you can leave your manners at home

1 Like

I found the Europeans and Yanks to be the rudest in Japan. All of the Asians were fine (except for the tour groups but tour groups).

I’ll stand by my comments re Chinese tour groups, and before anyone calls me a racist, note that Mrs Gwilty is Chinese from Beijing.
Yes, the Chinese are very predujiced against Japanese still.
One of the true cultural experiences travelling in China is to hear the loud drawback, then see the spitting of a large wad of phlegm by a local. Unforgettable every time.

1 Like

Warning: not for the faint-hearted…

We were waiting in line to see the Terracotta Warriors in Xi’an behind a large family. All of a sudden the Grandma of said family loudly snorted before deliberately coughing up a lurgee on the floor. This was inside, not outside! There simply were no words…
Outside it is de rigeur to dodge the piles of expectorate on the pavement, but inside??? Come on!!!
The worst is the rural areas where they chew on betel nuts which turn things bright red. Looks like they’ve coughed up blood…

Of course not, but there is no one nationality or race that are worse than others.

Have you ever been ski-ing Europe ? Those Dutch are horrible, they push in, ski over the top of everyone else. I guess when you live in a place flatter than a pancake, mountains must be exciting.

And have you been to the Algarve? Those British, German and Dutch are drunks, loud and totally obnoxious.

I could go on and on.

But life goes on and often it is more fun to join in than whinge and grumble.

Actually found that out with the Grog Squad !

Up till two years ago, easily the worsy people I’ve travelled in the company of have been Australians and Kiwis.

Very few bad experiences with Seppos, Poms, Frogs, Krauts, Spics.

But I’ve spent very little time in Asia.

You are so not PC.

The biggest problem with travelling is everyone else. Regardless of nationality.

When you’re away for awhile people say it’s nice to hear an Australian accent again. For the second time yesterday my first fellow Australian was a crass middle aged woman on the phone loudly talking about how hammered drunk she got the night before. Just great.

At my stage of life, drunk middle-aged women on holidays can be very appealing to me.

3 Likes

Ugh.

Alcoholism is not a personality.

I have 7 spare nights to get from Nuremberg to Frankfurt
Worth going to Prague say 5 nights & Dresden for 2 before Frankfurt
Been to Munich before

Both are excellent options if you have time up your sleeve.