Tribunal/MRO 2023 & 2024 - Choose your own adventure continues

Twatley can GAGF.

Such a wafer.

1 Like

And likely won’t cost his team a win.

1 Like

The exact definition of “duty of care” right there…

1 Like

Bet he gets off lightly

I’ll be booing him and I don’t give a ■■■■ what anyone thinks.
Blokes with a ■■■■ act on the football field deserve whatever comes their way!

2 Likes

He got two weeks because he ran towards his opponent with no eyes on the ball, made high contact, that ended up with his opponent stretchered off.

Not a valid argument. He was stretchered off as a precautionary measure because they thought they had heard something in his neck. He was uninjured when stretchered off and remained uninjured aftwerwards.

1 Like

Typical AFL, optics come first.

They love talking the talk.

3 Likes

Yes they will

1 Like

Not a rebuttal.
He was lying on the ground as a result of the high contact, the precautions came after.

So we are now offering two weeks to any player that knocks another to the ground? That’s a specious argument at best

1 Like

They absolutely will. And don’t forget the AFL Thought-Police Department.

Hang on- he was collected in the head with no eyes on the ball, which resulted in going to the ground. It’s a correct decision.

How things might have been, had Matty Lloyd simply claimed Sewell ran into his stationary hip?

So happy we play Port again this season, in Melbourne and so soon.

There be a leveler coming Juniors way and I’m looking forward to it.

If not from the players then from sections of the crowd will let him know about it

yep that definitely won’t go horribly wrong…

Citing it and applying a grading may have been correct, but a grading of high impact (2 weeks, even with the potential to cause injury upgrade applied) isn’t. No concussion, no neck injury, available for selection in the upcoming round, and the stretcher and him missing game time was purely precautionary, which could be applied to any on-field injury.

Note that with the Tribunal upholding the MRO’s decision (high impact) for this incident, and downgrading Ridley’s from severe to high, (which actually did involve a concussion and Ridley will be unavailable for selection against Brisbane,) they’re saying that both incidents have the same impact. I don’t think that’s the correct decision at all.

8 Likes

Why would it? Just because your a black fella doesn’t give you a free pass to wack guys off the ball and knock em out.

I expect Rioli to cop an absolute earful in a couple of weeks time.

As would anyone.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I’m questioning why the MRO function even exists at this point

If a single mouth breather can’t review every reportable incident (he can’t), can’t make consistent findings that don’t vary by week and media cycle, and can’t communicate to the league, through rulings, what the standards expected of players are - then he should defenestrate himself from AFL HQ as soon as possible

2 Likes