Triple M Commentary of the finish

Quoted Post

And Brereton's quality is directly related to his quantity. If he says one thing every two minutes, he's very good. The more he talks the stupider he gets though.

Dermott - “You can see the capacity here, when he gets the ball the player, not his direct opponent or his direct opponents man, has the where withall to stop, think, see if there is oncoming traffic and regardless of if there isn’t the perception is there to try the one percenter and quantify if he did or didn’t play on at the right moment but he still sees it as an opportunity to think his way through the moment as though he was a passenger”.

Thats after a bloke has completed a four metre handball.

Not enough talk about Tony Leonard, a great call.

They were all average. Pity Commetti wasn’t calling at the time — but isn’t he meant to have retired?!?

Quoted Post

Sandy is the best!

WHAT. MORE. CAN. YOU. SAY!

Not sure that any onf the commentators did the finish justice. Although as much a I don’t normally like BT, i thought he gave it the best crack

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Can't remember who the player was but he kicked a goal and Russel said "LACHIE WITFIELD! OH MY! LACHIE WITFIELD, THIS IS YOUR LIFE!"
Was it Lachie Whitfield?

L

O

L

Quoted Post

Can't remember who the player was but he kicked a goal and Russel said "LACHIE WITFIELD! OH MY! LACHIE WITFIELD, THIS IS YOUR LIFE!"
Was it Lachie Whitfield?

Sandy is the best!

Eddie is a flog but a good commentator. Hamish is a full of himself insider trader. Sandy is a very good commentator. Basil is awful but doesn’t strike me as an arrogant fark of a person.

Quoted Post

And Brereton's quality is directly related to his quantity. If he says one thing every two minutes, he's very good. The more he talks the stupider he gets though.

he’s very good when each comment / question doesn’t last for 2+ minutes. ■■■■■■ hell, he can waffle on and on, that fella.

my opinion of Dermie is similar to his of essendon. we hate each other, but we kinda like each other too. he’s ok.

Not a lot of love for Dermy or Fev from me, but a couple of years ago they went down to the Beaumaris Primary Fete ( both had kids there at the time) They had a bit of fun kicking goals from the goal square at the opposite end . Kids loved it.
Probably the only thing people appreciate those guys for these days !

Special comments: forget the Fev, Brownlow special comments , but Dermie has some kind of perspective on the game and a level of ability to articulate it.

Quoted Post

I agree,I think we all know footy well,but after dermy speaks for five minutes you either think he is full of ■■■■■ or maybe you know nothing about the game.complicates things big time

And Brereton’s quality is directly related to his quantity.
If he says one thing every two minutes, he’s very good.
The more he talks the stupider he gets though.

As much as I hate BT’s calls, and I really really do, Tony Shaw is the worst.
All he does is talk about how terrible every player on the field is, how unwatchable each piece of play is, how bad the coaching, how poor the skills.

And I could probably wear it a bit better if it was Malcolm Blight saying it, but it’s Tony farking Shaw.

Player marks on a 45 degree angle, plays on and puts through regulation drop punt to put side 67 points up

OOOH BABY

NOT IN YOUR WILDEST DREAMS

= Dwaye Russell

*scenario may not be accurate

Much as I hate Russell, I did like the line “don’t try that at home”.

Eddie is good IMO actually calls the play by play. A bit old fashioned in terminology which I like. Talks each player up when necessary but skips hyperbole and only does it based on the good thing they just did.

Dwayne Russel is the worst in the league.

Can’t remember who the player was but he kicked a goal and Russel said “LACHIE WITFIELD! OH MY! LACHIE WITFIELD, THIS IS YOUR LIFE!”

WTF?!

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Hamish McLaughlin is by far the worst sports commentator out there. You can argue BT & Dwayne or whoever but at least they make the game sound remotely exciting. But maybe his Hawthorn hat was hard to take off. I wish Dennis got the call of the last goal.

Hamish is pretty bad, but surely Basil is the worst. His excitement is always at completely the wrong times.

No mention of Big Ed? By far the poorest IMO.

Let’s be serious for a minute.

The worst football caller is still Dwayne Russell.

Quoted Post

I feel like running up behind every hawthorn supporter and yelling "Cale Hooker what the ■■■■■■ heel is he doing there.... he's kicking a ■■■■■■ goal"

just
so
good

“kicking ■■■■■■ goals” plural.

I feel like running up behind every hawthorn supporter and yelling “Cale Hooker what the ■■■■■■ heel is he doing there… he’s kicking a ■■■■■■ goal”

just
so
good