Truth or Otherwise

Is BLTN the dentist?

2 Likes

It was true.

But hereā€™s a story for you:

A long time ago, in a land far far away, when I was approximately 9 years old, my father persuaded my elder sister and I to take part in a TV young talent show. He made us practice for many months. My sister played the guitar, and I played theā€¦tamborine.

The day arrived, and we were on, recorded national TV. The song we were doing? My Friend the Wind. My sister wore a very long brown dress with pink flowers embroidered on it, while I was styled with green cords, an orange & white checkered shirt, and an orange & white checkered tie - so as to match.

I didnā€™t know the words then, and till this day I do not - I have no idea what the hell I was singing.
We didnā€™t win - we may have placed top three, but to be honest, I canā€™t remember, and try and wipe this memory from my mind.

Ask away.

1 Like

Iā€™m gonna say true, because I want it to be.

Thatā€™s way too sad not to be true.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got horrible images of a leprechaun costume.

Has to be true

Did you have to pause for a meeting?

2 Likes

3 x True
0 x False

Gunna have to say true too. That shirt and tie smacks of 70s which you cannot make up what we wore back then.

4 True, 0 Falseā€¦

FALSE, ā€˜cause.

2 Likes

I can imagine a parent bullying his children into appearing on a talent show. Why? Because my parent tried it on with me.

TRUE

False.

You DO remember the words and they haunt you daily.

1 Like

ā€œiā€™ll sing the word of the sing or the thing of the allumu, rich as the thing like the one of the pallamuā€¦ā€

Thatā€™s what I remember.

True, way to specific not to be. Surely? Or maybe youā€™re just super creative.

Iā€™m calling your bluffā€¦false. Final answer

The Trues have it.
And they are correct.
Farkin Demis Rousosā€¦

3 Likes

OK ā€¦ Iā€™ll have a dip fwiw.

1 Like

In the oddball style that is ā€œWould I lie to youā€ then ā€¦

So this is John (cue normal 15yo long blonde haired friend of same age, corduroy and socks and sandals wearing surfing dude)

John and I (I wasnā€™t particularly good btw) used to go surfing together, often down at Phillip Island when we could hitch a lift and sometimes for a dare weā€™d surf until dark, and when mutton birds would begin to bomb us. Thinking we were some sort of weird fish I suppose but eventually causing us to call it a night. We did this a few times until one evening John saw in the dim light a shark fin behind me, yelled ā€œsharkā€ and bolted. I froze, lifted everything out of the water for a few minutes ā€¦ freaked out then caught a rubbish wave and rode it close to shore and escaped like I was in a Jaws movie.

John has always said and boasted that he saved my life that night !!

True or False

1 Like

I think thatā€™s a true story. Could also be from a movie though. True

1-0

Hi John here, now why would I ever stoop to a fashion crime like corduroy?

5 Likes