TV show thread (2013-2022)

I'm late to the party but Brooklyn Nine Nine?

It’s such a shame of a show IMO. It’s so good in certain parts and with certain characters but it’s a bit like “Community for idiots” (without the meta-ness). Whereas Harmon and his crew were master writers writing what I imagine was simply “what they think is funny”, Brooklyn 99 writers are clearly targeting 14 year olds, every mthfkg joke is beaten over the head of the audience, there is 0 subtlety or nuance. It’s a shame, someone in that writing room has real talent. Oh and Samberg fkg annoys me as the lead.

Still good enough to watch the entire thing which I no doubt will, haha.

Not to mention they pretty much stole every character from Parks and Rec. But I still enjoy it for the most part. “Eight dollar-est bottle of wine” is still my favourite line in any show ever*.

*may be an exaggeration.

Good pickup, lot of Parks and Rec in the characters

Is it stealing if many of the writers are the same?

EDIT: mild spoiler ahead if you haven’t seen the latest season
On that topic, the bachelor/bachelorette parties episode was almost an exact copy of a parks episode, but worse.

At this point I’m not quite sure why I’ve persisted with the show. I suppose the occasional fantastic episode (halloween, die hard etc) keeps me hoping that they’ll hit some consistency eventually. Plus even if it isn’t clever, it’s still funny in a childish way.

Speaking of silly shows, anyone seen Angie Tribeca? That’s next-level silliness.

The Night Manager is very very good. Get on board if you haven’t already.

The Night Manager is very very good. Get on board if you haven't already.

It finished on Foxtel 6 weeks ago.

Hell on Wheels is back for its final half-season.

Given they’ve got to spend a bit of time on reaching Promontory Point in Utah, they’ve had to resolve the endless dispute between Bohannon and the Swede. If he comes back again, I’m calling shenanigans.

Curb Your Enthusiasm to return for series 9!

Curb Your Enthusiasm to return for series 9!
Brilliant news. The best comedy series of the past 20 years (probably longer).

Or as it’s called in Japan, Larry’s Midlife Crisis.

So many incredible scenes that everyone knows, but also so many unsung scenes that made me lose it with laughter. Like these ones:

Is that Janice Soprano?

Is that Janice Soprano?

yep

Is that Janice Soprano?

yep

Better than that is that the dude in the 2nd clip is Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

The scene where leon and his sister and grandma hear larry say the n word, and proceed to go nuts is one of my favourite tv scenes of all time

Does anyone think Gotham is kind of dumb. Or do I persist.

I know everyone talked Gotham up, but the first episode was “OK”. Not a big fan when you know exactly how it’ll pan out.

Supposedly it picks up a fair bit in season 2. Might binge it when I get a chance.

Gotham, Daredevil, Jessica Jones: I put all of them in the “OK” basket.

Lol who talked Gotham up?

Penny Deadful.

Do yourself a favour.

No ones really talked it up.
There is the small matter of two very attract ladies that have hovering sexual tension however.
I will persist.

Do I start Peaky Blinders?