TV show thread (2013-2022)

Can anyone recommend a good Netflix show? Like a good crime mystery, seen The Killing.

Bloodline.

Just started watching it and I’m about 6 episodes in and it hooks you pretty quickly.

It is a tiny bit slow for my liking but very well acted and is worth watching just for Ben Mendelsohn’s performance.

Awesome first season. Mendleson amazing. Started watching the second season it’s a bit more of a slow burn thus far.

Just finished the first season myself.

Mendelsohn made the whole first season. Brilliant acting.

Can’t wait to start watching season two.

Can anyone recommend a good Netflix show? Like a good crime mystery, seen The Killing.

Bloodline.

Just started watching it and I’m about 6 episodes in and it hooks you pretty quickly.

It is a tiny bit slow for my liking but very well acted and is worth watching just for Ben Mendelsohn’s performance.

Awesome first season. Mendleson amazing. Started watching the second season it’s a bit more of a slow burn thus far.

Spot on there Redbull.

Veep has been outstanding this season.

Is it over??!
That last episode felt a lot like a series finale.

Is it over??!

That’s what I thought!! Boooo.

Is it over??!

Was a really good series although there was a small jump the shark when Selina bonking with Tom

Absolute long shot, but does anyone know the song played in this clip (from 36s onwards) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUa2IxbT5_0

Or, know the genre of music?

Has anyone watched crazy ex-girlfriend? I know it’s nothing like the calibre of shows we mainly talk about in here but I watched a few episodes on the plane and I’m seriously addicted and I don’t know why. There were only 2 reasons to watch the show at the start, Rachel Bloom but with each episode it grew on me, no matter how stupid it may seem.

Absolute long shot, but does anyone know the song played in this clip (from 36s onwards) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUa2IxbT5_0

Or, know the genre of music?

PJ Harvey - To Bring You My Love

Just caught HBO’s new crime series, “The Night of”.
Beg, borrow, steal if you can. Fantastic first episode. Was on the edge of my seat and fully committed within 5 minutes.
John Turturro made a late appearance and was worth the wait.

Is it over??!

That’s what I thought!! Boooo.

Nope that wasn’t the series finale, it’ll be back next year, they’re just approaching it from a different aspect. The real question is whether all the regulars return and if they do how do you integrate them into the new landscape if you’re not dumping them all on Jonah.

I thought the show surprisingly didn’t really lose that much on the surface without Iannucci at the helm.

The Expanse is worth a look. Only one season atm, with second on the way. Some acting feels a bit flat at times but story is intriguing so far.

Anyone seen The night of, yet? Foxtel really hyped this up. Opening credits look like it was made by the same people who made true detective.

Oops sorry just read back,

Started watching curb your enthusiasm based on the reviews of SMJ. First 5 episodes seemed like I was watching Seinfeld just with more Jews. Last 3-4 have saved it for me and have been quite funny, especially “devoted sister, beloved aunt”.

Watching the recruit… fabian is a flog

Started watching curb your enthusiasm based on the reviews of SMJ. First 5 episodes seemed like I was watching Seinfeld just with more Jews. Last 3-4 have saved it for me and have been quite funny, especially "devoted sister, beloved aunt".
Haha yeah Larry David is so funny. I reckon he would be like that all the time. Keep going with it, there are some cracker episodes in all series
Just caught HBO's new crime series, "The Night of". Beg, borrow, steal if you can. Fantastic first episode. Was on the edge of my seat and fully committed within 5 minutes. John Turturro made a late appearance and was worth the wait.
I cant beleive how good that first episode was. Second one good, this is going to be a massively good crime and detective show. Its so brilliantly shot too. Very much true detective stylized, but so many plot possibilities, Im guessing its going to be impossible to pick how it unfolds. By far the best opeing to any series I have ever seen, including all the greats
Started watching curb your enthusiasm based on the reviews of SMJ. First 5 episodes seemed like I was watching Seinfeld just with more Jews. Last 3-4 have saved it for me and have been quite funny, especially "devoted sister, beloved aunt".
Haha yeah Larry David is so funny. I reckon he would be like that all the time. Keep going with it, there are some cracker episodes in all series

Took the huge gamble and straight out bought the 8 season box set based on 9 episodes, hope it pays off.

Took the huge gamble and straight out bought the 8 season box set based on 9 episodes, hope it pays off.

Takes a while to get in his style, but when he gets ion your head, you see so many curb moments in your day to day. The way they did the Seinfeld reunion show, (without actually doing a reunion) was typical of how his mind works.
His weird little idiosyncrasies and obsessions are so relateable I reckon. Cant wait for new series apparently underway
Good work my friend.

The good news for you is that the first series is clearly the weakest series. Its all uphill from here for you.

Just make sure to only watch one (or max two) in a row, otherwise the cringe factor will end up so high you’ll be hiding behind your couch.