TV show thread (2013-2022)

I got a bit tired of Netflix a few months ago, so have been avoiding it. When I was bored enough to have another look ( last night), it was to my great surprise that a new series had appeared.
“Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency”
Could it be true? An adaptation of the great Douglas Adams’ last couple of books! You beauty!
Alas, my disappointment, so far, is as great as my initial thrill. Apart from a few tiny easter eggs, ( searching for a kitten, a vague mention of Thor), there is little resemblance to either Dirk Gently’s, or “The long dark tea time of the soul”. It is also set in America, and stars (?) Frodo as Dirks assistant.
To my memory he didn’t even have an assistant as such. Its been quite a few years since I read the books, so maybe my memory is a little hazy.
I am going to push through regardless and see what happens. I have only reached Ep 3, so maybe I’m being a little hasty. I will polish off the season and then re read the books.

I need some recommendations for shows to watch. I like crime/thriller types. Also love Game of Thrones so anything of that ilk. I have foxtel and Netflix.

After watching GOT. I got into Vikings, The last Kingdom, Outlander, and recently Marco Polo all on netflix.

Only up to episode 8 on Marco Polo does anyone else watch this show.

If you are not catching “Weird Wonders of the World” on 9 GEM, you are missing out.

It always delivers. Tonight, I learnt about Gum trees directing gold prospecting through Gold in their leaves, and a new invention to help Salmon migrate past 40 metre plus high dams to their previously inaccessible spawning grounds, via an invention called a “Salmon cannon”, that literally delivers the fish through a tube at 15 mph, all the way to the top, then shoots them out into the air, and they land unscathed into the dam proper. Among a heap of other stuff.

Great show for Dads to watch with the kids

I need some recommendations for shows to watch. I like crime/thriller types. Also love Game of Thrones so anything of that ilk. I have foxtel and Netflix.

After watching GOT. I got into Vikings, The last Kingdom, Outlander, and recently Marco Polo all on netflix.

Only up to episode 8 on Marco Polo does anyone else watch this show.

I’ve watched both seasons of Marco Polo, I didn’t mind it.

For a head trip, watch the OA on netflix. Reminded me of a mix of Stranger Things and The Leftovers storywise with the weirdness of True Dectective first season.

Once you’re in, you’re hooked.

Is the Grand Tour any good?

I’ve seen the 1st episode. Yeah, it’s ok, pretty much still TG.

. Different, but the same …

Seen some good things on SBS on Demand lately. Never been a huge fan of subtitles, but have enjoyed watching 3 great series over Christmas - Midnight Sun, The Disappearance & Trapped and coped really well. Next one is The Valley (a German production)- being spruiked as “Twin Peakish”

The OA on netflix episode 1 was a weird trip.

Golden Globes are going oooooooooooooooooooooofffffffffffffffffffffff

Alongside Media Watch, The Checkout is probably the most important show on TV.

Now Catalyst has sadly been (Right) Winged. (Gruen has to be up there too).

Loving the Summer re runs, every weeknight pre News. So much fantastic information, delivered with great style & humour, sometimes with Chaser like extreme bite. Love it.

I binged The Leftovers over the break.

Holy farkin sh*t, that second season is as good as anything you’ll see. I can’t believe I took so long to get to this show.

Bring on season 3.

Holy farkin sh*t, that second season is as good as anything you’ll see. I can’t believe I took so long to get to this show.

Bring on season 3.

It’s so bleeeeeaaaaaaaak

Bring on season 3.

It’s so bleeeeeaaaaaaaak

It wasn’t exactly festive, but it’s so bleak it becomes uplifting… Sort of.

Plus, I didn’t get the impression you disliked bleak.

Bring on season 3.

It’s so bleeeeeaaaaaaaak

It wasn’t exactly festive, but it’s so bleak it becomes uplifting… Sort of.

Plus, I didn’t get the impression you disliked bleak.

No not at all, I love realistic bleak shows, and I liked the Leftovers too. But by god, it is amazing that a show that bleak even made it to broadcast television in the first place.

Sherlock building nicely.

Just started watching a show called Stranger Things. 4 episodes in, i am HOOKED!

Vikings is back!

8:30 tomorrow night.

Just started watching a show called Stranger Things. 4 episodes in, i am HOOKED!

You don’t read this thread, do you?

You don’t read this thread, do you?

Rarely, i hate spoilers so i try to avoid this thread if i am about to start watching a show.