TV show thread (2013-2022)

Fair.

And thanks for the reminder. To that end, (spoilers), I found a while ago, that the blitz editor actually has a spoiler function, I’m not sure that anyone knows about, at least, I’ve never seen it mentioned, and I’ve been meaning to post the snips I took, and let the simplicity be known.

Putting it in this thread is most appropriate, and I might re quote this post every week for a year, so everyone gets to see it, … thus ensuring that Noon’s will have NO excuse.

First, click on that weird crochet looking thing up there^ , … the “Format” button, and you’ll see it in the bottom right corner, thus …

http://s30.postimg.org/fsq9xi08x/Capture.jpg

All you need to do, is type the “Spoiling” text out, highlight it ALL, then hit that "Spoiler button (word), in the drop down menu.

Only thing is, it doesn’t say “Spoiler” when you’re done, but rather just becomes a benign grey box

like so… vv

http://s30.postimg.org/8qscbawn5/Capture_a.jpg

OPEN THIS vv

And that's now so fkn easy, there is simply NO REASON for ANY fking spoilers in this thread.

It might be handy to label the box by writing above it for a while until folk pick up what it is, … hopefully, that’s not too much effort for some.

Thus …

SPOILER

Ok AN?

Oh BSD… that’s been there forever, and quite heavily used.

Unfortunately it doesn’t show up when posting on the mobile version of the site.

Sigh Vanilla by name, …

Sherlock building nicely.
Understatement.
Why won’t they let any of his siblings be fat!?!
just started watching the UK version of the office. So damn funny. Only 3 episodes in but its great. I have never been a big Ricky Gervias fan but he is brilliant in this.

Where have you been mate?

No hesitation in saying that the UK Office is an absolute masterpiece. It’s in the top handful of TV shows ever made, in my view. You’re going to love watching it for the first time.

I despised it. I’m growing less tolerant of cringe comedy every year.

You’re weird

Just finished season 1 of stranger things. Wow. Probably the best season finale i have ever seen. It had everything.

Just finished watching OA on Netflix.

Any other watchers out there?

No, have considered it though. Is it any good?

No, have considered it though. Is it any good?

It’s an ok watch. Pretty easy and some good concepts but also some pretty cheap representation of said concepts.

Hard to rate. Haven’t looked to see if it’s been continued so that says something.

just started watching the UK version of the office. So damn funny. Only 3 episodes in but its great. I have never been a big Ricky Gervias fan but he is brilliant in this.

No hesitation in saying that the UK Office is an absolute masterpiece. It’s in the top handful of TV shows ever made, in my view. You’re going to love watching it for the first time.

You’re weird

And yet Noonan loves puns.

Vikings is by far the best show on TV atm, actually ahead of GOT for me right now. Stunning visuals, great action and well developed characters on all sides.

You’re weird

And yet Noonan loves puns.

and can’t stand Ricky Gervais. I don’t know how anyone could meet him and not want to punch him fair in the moosh.

Just got put onto a time travel series based around the assassination of JFK. Chris Cooper has a diner in Maine where there’s a portal in time back to a day in late 1960. CC is dying but encourages James Franco, a local teacher, to go back in time to prevent the assassination of JFK. One episode (of 8) in, and it looks OK so far. Series is 11.22.63

Vikings is by far the best show on TV atm, actually ahead of GOT for me right now. Stunning visuals, great action and well developed characters on all sides.

I watch both…it’s like splitting hairs!

I thought it was pretty good but was really disappointed with the finale.

Can’t say I was too impressed with the first episode of the new series of Sherlock. Very confusing!

Looking for a new show when I finish The Office (US). Any thoughts on the following?

The Blacklist
Justified
True Detective

Also how fkn stupid is it in The Office (SPOILERS) how Steve Carrell just unceremoniously leaves? I assumed it was one of those things where 2 episodes later he comes back but he just hasn’t… I’m 2/3 the way through Season 8 and the show has jumped the shark. At the point where they go to Florida and that pommy girl joins it just becomes a bit … ■■■■.

Looking for a new show when I finish The Office (US). Any thoughts on the following?

The Blacklist
Justified
True Detective

Also how fkn stupid is it in The Office (SPOILERS) how Steve Carrell just unceremoniously leaves? I assumed it was one of those things where 2 episodes later he comes back but he just hasn’t… I’m 2/3 the way through Season 8 and the show has jumped the shark. At the point where they go to Florida and that pommy girl joins it just becomes a bit … ■■■■.

Happens to a lot of shows over the years. The lead star becomes a big hit and moves into movies with little time to devote to the show they were in. Show however thinks it can continue without said star…show becomes ■■■■.

One actor stands out for me where it backfired was David Caruso. Huge in CSI Miami, left and did some god awful movies, ruined his career.

Back to your list, definitely True Detective. First season is incredible TV. If you’re looking into a new american comedy half hour, I’ve just finally discovered Always Sunny in Philadelphia. It’s a ripper!

second season of true detective was faecal matter.

Blacklist started out ok and nose dived.

I got bored of justified after 2 and a bit seasons.

The Blacklist
Justified
True Detective

Happens to a lot of shows over the years. The lead star becomes a big hit and moves into movies with little time to devote to the show they were in. Show however thinks it can continue without said star…show becomes ■■■■.

One actor stands out for me where it backfired was David Caruso. Huge in CSI Miami, left and did some god awful movies, ruined his career.

Back to your list, definitely True Detective. First season is incredible TV. If you’re looking into a new american comedy half hour, I’ve just finally discovered Always Sunny in Philadelphia. It’s a ripper!

I think you find it was NYPD Blue that David Caruso starred in for two seasons and then made the fatal mistake of being in Kiss of Death and Jade, both nominated for Golden Raspberry’s

The Blacklist
Justified
True Detective

I did Justified all to the end. I’m a big Elmore Leonard fan though. Lots of ups and downs over about 6 series.

Funnily enough, the two protagonists of the short story it was based on, make it all the way through at least 5 seasons, even though one, Raylan Givens, played by Timothy Olyphant, shot the other, Boyd Crowder, played by Walton Goggins, in the short story.

Adelaide actor, Damon Herriman, plays an Aryan Brotherhood type…lots of Trump votes on show.

Gave up on The Blacklist after one and a half seasons. Only saw the first season of True Detective which was worthwhile. Not as good as some thought in my book.