TV show thread (2013-2022)

I’m enjoying The Boys. It seems to be an allegory of America and religion, and since it has a group of evil super-heroes, very anti-Semitic too (just kidding).

Couple of sheep-shaggers in main roles, Karl Urban and the bloke from Banshee, an Irish lass, Dominique McEllicott from Hell on Wheels, Elisabeth Shue (where the ■■■■ has she been since the eighties), the kid from Sixth Sense.

Erin Moriarty as Starlight goes OK but very much theall-American girl next door.

1 Like

Just discovered another of her efforts called “Crashers” which is also pretty good.

Crashing

Plus all the other cameos in the later episodes.

Its been my favourite discovery this year

1 Like

Binge watched the boys last week, are they doing a season 2? Found it quite enjoyable

Finished Season 2 of Dark.
It’s great stuff but you really have to watch it… I usually watch tv and scan my phone at the same time, you can’t do that with Dark as it’s all subtitles and if it was in English and I was using my phone at the same time, I would have missed so much…

1 Like

They are…might need a couple of new characters.

It seems a bit of a waste to use Simon Pegg as Hughie’s dad. Maybe he’s struggling to get any roles.

1 Like

Wont be out for at least 10 - 12 months thou

Au contraire, mon ami - it has been renewed for a 5th season which will air in France next year - it’ll reach our shores probably in 2021.

A number of cast members seem to have disappeared from Series 4.

One little thing i liked is where all the agents’ code names, like Malotru, Phénomène, Cyclops et al come from.

I’ll be hitting S2 after I finish Money Heist (@Paul_Peos is that right?).

It’s definitely devices away when you’ve got subs. You lose track too quickly.

1 Like

I’m loving Les Norton.

2 Likes

The thought of watching Rebel Wilson puts me off. Read all the Barrett books, but don’t remember any character like her.

1 Like

Just finished watching Patrick Melrose. It’s a five episode British series based on real life events. The show was really well done with a great cast. Hugo Weaving sent shivers up my spine every time I saw him on screen while Benedict Cumberbatch is sensational. His acting to portray the pain his character is suffering right down to finger twitches was so good.

4 Likes

I thought it was brilliant too.

Pity there will be no more. with each Ep covering one book in the series.

1 Like

I actually thought it was the perfect length. Any longer and it might have lost something. The last episode closed the loop well.

2 Likes

Don’t know if anyone here is following Animal Kingdom, … but it’s been a really good season with the flashbacks to Smurfs beginnings, & last nights ep just pushed it all to the next level.

Great show, … thankfully renewed for another Season.

3 Likes

I’m yet to watch the latest episode but agree. It has been a good season. I generally don’t like shows that flashback all the time but this one has been done pretty well.

I’m also surprised by how young Smurf is a whole lot more attractive than horribly disfigured current day Smurf. She must have partied hard.

3 Likes

Yeah i’m really enjoying it. It’s not the best written/executed show on tv but entertainment factor is very high.

1 Like

Halfway through series 3 of the Bureau - I agree - fantastic show.