TV show thread (2013-2022)

Great books too

1 Like

Ah forgot to watch Sundays episode!

I didn’t know about the books so I’m just enjoying it for what it is and loving it.

1 Like

iView

2 Likes

I was impressed how much the actress they got to play her actually resembled a young Ellen Barkin.

1 Like

Wowsers! That plastic surgery works a treat doesn’t it. :astonished:

I just finished the latest episode. Woah mumma!

1 Like

Started watching Snowfall on Fox this week.

5 episodes in and still watching. Can’t be too bad.

Yeah, I’m about 4 eps in to that one. Not bad at all.

1 Like

Has anyone mentioned Pennyworth?

4 episodes in, covers young Alfred Pennyworth who’s just been demobbed from an elite British unit and runs into an American, Thomas Wayne, and a Nazi-style conspiracy to take over Britain in the 50’s.

Alfred, of course, grows into Batman’s offsider.

Very dark, gloomy and smoky. I’ve only seen the pilot.

Season 2 of Mindhunter is on netflix.

5 Likes

Finally got around to watching the final couple of episodes of Sherlock.

Terrible. A travesty compared to the early shows.

Gave ‘Secret City’ a run last week. Had been meaning to watch it for a while, and spewing I took so long, it’s really quite good.

Alex Dimitriades, Marcus Graham and Dan Wyllie all in the same Aussie production?? Well I never!

1 Like

How factual is Mindhunter? Great show either way.

its dramatised,

so probably not very to be watchable.

Good news for fans of Marvel, Star Wars & Disney!
$9 a month

Yep, Bruno Heller at the helm, it’s very well made and looks to have some real depth. Dark as ■■■■ too but with a fair bit of wit and lightness to balance it out. Hope it gets a good run, could be a genuine hard boiled drama with just a touch of alternate history (see giant airships floating over a smokey, gas lit Thames). Dig it.

1 Like

Fark Disney.

So now we get to pay for an extra service, to access stuff we already get now from Netflix and Stan.

2 Likes

Execution scenes are gruesome.

Yeah, there’s a particularly rough conversation between a sawn off and a chaps head, doesn’t end nicely. Alfred’s early years aren’t for the squeamish.

I’ve just finished ep 4. That didn’t end well.

1 Like