TV show thread (2013-2022)

New season of Vera (S11) started last Sunday on ABC.

2 Likes

Just like real life. Everyone has their issues.

2 Likes

The red head was one of the better villains I have seen on tv recently

1 Like

Massive spoiler alert.

When they first entered the show I thought it was a strange direction but it was quirky and kinda worked.
What I didn’t like was the lead character getting a hunting knife in the shoulder and what appeared to be within an hour was patched up and sent alone into a room by the cops with a suspected killer.

Agree re the main character. Also some of the situations she put herself in by herself were not believable.

1 Like

Has anyone watched Murderville on Netflix? Hilarious.

1 Like

I’m slightly walking back on my early assessment of 1883. The first 2 episodes were great, hit the ground running, a really strong looking character by Billy Bob Thornton I explicably vanished, a tease appearance of Tom hanks in a flashback that hasn’t reappeared. It’s strangely then got focus on a teen love affair for the next 3 episodes. A turn of events at the end of episode 5 has kept me watching but it needs to get back into what it should be in my opinion

1 Like

Started this the other day, great concept - then I learnt it was originally British which made sense.

Recommend the movie Don’t look up on Netflix which has impressive all star cast.
It’s a political and social satire which nails so much of our current world behaviours, attitudes and what happens when morons are in power.

1 Like

I enjoyed it. All star cast for sure. Streep improvised a lot of stuff apparently.

Jlaw not being able to get over the “Why did he charge us for free snacks?” incident made me laugh

4 Likes

It is very good, feels like the novels.

As a bonus, Tom Cruise isn’t in it.

5 Likes

I haven’t read the books, but can recall several discussions on Blitz about how wrong for the character Tom Cruise was.

I finished the series last night. Enjoyed it, although practically none of the actors knew how to hold a rifle or pistol in the last episode. Particularly the main bad guy. He was bragging about how great a shooter he is, and then he was holding the rifle like a moron.

And Alan Ritchson will always be Thad Castle as far as I’m concerned, bro-beans.

1 Like

I have every single one of the novels, loved them all. Tom Cruise was the single worst option they could have picked. All you have to do is read the first novel and you know he isn’t the guy.

3 Likes

I assume Tom Cruise chose Tom Cruise for the role. He does that a lot.

7 Likes

Binged “Station Eleven” on stan this week, really enjoyed it.

Finished Season 6 of Shetland. Loved it and now waiting impatiently for Season 7.

2 Likes

i thought i’d be over the novelty of the peacemaker opening credits by now.

i am not. it’s so silly. i love it.

6 Likes

It really is fantastic.

was skipping through netflix last night and didnt realise I have missed like half the episodes of vikings.
Think last I saw was when the Rus invaded.
3 hours later thought better head to bed, quality show.

Travis Flimmell days were peak vikings though.

Plus Last Kingdom new episodes out soon.
final season.

2 Likes

Second series of Dark Desire is seriously f**ked up. Struggling to continue.

Second ep of Hidden Assets was up yesterday. Pretty good.