TV show thread (2022-?)

A lot of it was that the NYYC had consistently lied and cheated to 132 years of unbroken success.

And who doesn’t like sticking it to the like of Judge Smales with their yachtie caps and neatly pressed blazers. Come the revolution, they’d all be against the wall.

2 Likes

strong rumours getting about of an australian version of taskmaster happening next year. on sbs with shaun micallef and lloyd langford.

meanwhile s3 of the nz version has been absolute gold. ep9 had one of the best reveals ever. tops mike wozniack’s for mine.

Cobra Kai season 5 tomorrow. Woo hoo.

4 Likes

Fark it’s a great show.

Seasons 4, 5 and 7 of the UK version are sublime.

I can’t see Aussies doing it as well but of course I’d watch it. It’s the perfect veg out TV.

Did they remove the earlier seasons on YouTube? I went to watch it a couple of months back and couldn’t find it, now I just see the new season.

I’m watching UK season 10 right now. Not sure why I’m persisting, it’s weird with the social distancing and no audience.

(Ignoring the obvious arguments about the rich, wealthy and corrupt…)

It was 1983 and as a nation we loved it. We beat America in something they’d never lost before.
We had the revolutionary magnificent winged keel.
Men at Work gave us “Down Under” which celebrated all things Aussie.
Bob Hawke was PM and embraced the success with the “Any boss who sacks anyone for not turning up today is a bum." quote.
It was just one of those times that you were united as a country barracking for us against the Yanks… and we won.

11 Likes

i think they get taken down then another channel pops up

Ok, thanks. I’ll have to watch it soon.

yeah s10 felt a bit off, but definitely persist. s11 is incredible, in my top 3 seasons along with 7 and nz2

1 Like

incredible.

Yeah, I just meant with s10. I couldn’t make it through 9, but I don’t mind the celebs on 10. Lacks that edge a more devious or angry contestant provides though. S7 with Rhod and Acaster was the peak.

Thanks so much for the recommendation.

Mr10 was having a panic attack about some homework. We decided to put the homework aside and watch this. He looked at me and said they didn’t give up mum did they? ! That was like David and Goliath. He was pumped. He walked over to his homework and finished it :heart:

8 Likes

Oh man big week for new TV shows dropping

Cobra Kai Season 5 ( I think),
and every time I think I’m done with it, it reeks me right back in.just enough ‘80s shout outs, people being hit to within an inch of their life (with no ramifications for the perp) and just family fun.

Cars TV show
Now I haven’t come up to speed on what’s actually going to be in the show. But this movie was almost daily viewing in our house when my kids were younger.

I love this. We have it on the list for our kids to watch, when we run out of cobra Kai and cars binge.

I was only about 8 at the time, but can still remember watching the news about it. I’ll have to watch the show, but it’s got everything to make this a Hollywood movie, from memory.

1 Like

ending was really good right until last minute where they flipped the script….who knows what comes next. hope it’s renewed.

i don’t know how cobra kai keeps getting away with just senseless teen on teen violence

when in reality those injuries take up to a year to heal

the very next week, they’re back smacking each other around

whole show is an ode to violence

1 Like

yeah that bit was craaazzyyy, but it actually lines up with the prophecy in many ways

1 Like

5 days till Handmaid’s tale I’m pumped.

Just wrapped up the boys in a 3 day binge

Now that was a ride

Can’t wait for season 4

One of the best shows I’ve ever seen and deserves the hype. Actually feels like you’re watching a graphic novel. Nails the vibe perfectly.

Guy who plays homelander deserves a lot of acting awards he’s brilliant, the slight changes in facial expressions his movements his voice tone incredible performing consistent through all the seasons

12 Likes

He’s a kiwi.
And so is billy.

And queen meave is Irish. Fiddle dee dee.