TV show thread (2022-?)

Ok Rings of Power, time to pick up the pace a bit. Episode 4 was extremely slow

Couple of action scenes wouldn’t hurt either

1 Like

Yes. Agree
Season 2 confirmed (3rd & 4th also I think)

1 Like

Plenty of books to draw from.

1 Like

Watched two eps of Savage River . Not bad , not great .

started watching expecting Amy on foxtel docos . she’s great

I can’t see what’s left?

Everybody is all on the same side now. The only thing left is Kreese finally getting his just desserts? But how do they make a 10 episode season out of that?

I highly highly recommend you give Deutschland a watch.

I believe it’s on Stan in Australia.

German-language show about an East German spy. First series is set in 83, second in 86, third in 89.

2 Likes

All three series. Had the first series on DVD, saw the other two series on Stan.

I enjoyed (if you can use that word in this case) the Ku’damm series on SBS ('56, '59 and '63) about the woman with three daughters on the Kufürstendamm (West Berlin’s main shopping street) who owned a dance studio. The evolution as rock and roll came to the west, people returning from Soviet POW camps well after the war and the building of Das Mauer.

Kleo may well be about a Stasi assassin, but there’s an underlying humour in it.

1 Like

Don’t know if anyone here watched the latest Grand Tour special. Poor James, 2 very scary moments for him in that episode

Felt good watching them go overseas for the first time in ages too

2 Likes

Yeah was good, some genuine laughs, those 3 guys are so dynamic together to watch, they sure are not getting any younger, but they really give it all.

1 Like

After the last couple of dismal specials, I’ve been hoping that they’ll stop making episodes since that’s the only way I’ll stop watching them. However I was pleasantly surprised by this one, very enjoyable, probably their second best work of the Amazon era (after the fantastic Mongolia episode).

Thought that was a middler long vehicle.

Their specials I’m the grand tour era have been very good. The 2 ones in the pandemic were pretty weak- but I understand the restrictions they were under.

Mongolia was amazing
Columbia was very entertaining
I really enjoyed their one with the boats

1 Like

First season was excellent. Snooze fest after that.

Best episode of HoTD so far, really felt like a GoT episode, tense throughout.

Was it homophobia, or anger at nature’s cruel joke, that caused Criston to butcher the ranga?

No it’s only got better.

I would say anger and shame he felt for himself, but I’d like to read some other perspectives.

2 Likes

HOTD

I took it as his total devotion to Rhaenyra and to protect the secret that they shared. He had lost her to another and had nothing left but his vow to protect her.

When the bf of Laenor Velaryon approached him with the deal of keeping each others secret, I think he saw that as a direct threat to Rhaenyra. Killing him, then taking his own life would ultimately proctect Rhaenyra. The Queen stepped in at the knick of time to save Criston from himself.

3 Likes

I haven’t read the spoilers yet as I’m watching the episode tonight.

Link to spoiler thread though

1 Like