US Election - More Division or New Revision? (Part 1)

As in only noose knot found belongs to Bubba garage.

Yep.
Bubba said heā€™s noticed them before but never with a noose on the end of them.

Yeah but, ā€¦ of course, . you know?

Has someone said it wasnā€™t actually a Noose or something? Disputed it saying it was some common form of rope usage?

Iā€™m a bit lost, they accepted what it was, decried it as abominable and came out in solidarity for/with him, pushing his car down the trackā€¦ sooo??

It was discovered that it was there a couple of weeks before that race. Suggestion that it wasnā€™t intended for Lawrence, maybe not even a noose in that sense. This probably puts paid to those suggestions

1 Like

Soooā€¦
After that happened NASCAR were continuing their investigation and came up that itā€™s a common piece of rope that is used to open the garage shutters instead of a chain. Itā€™s not in all garages though.
Bubba is aware of such items in a typical garage but has never seen one tied up with a noose end.

Heā€™s moved on though.
Not sure if itā€™ll go any further.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s not what the investigation found.

They checked 29 tracks where they race, and 1684 garage stalls, they found only 11 total ropes that had a pulldown rope tied in a knot, and just one noose. In Bubbaā€™s garage.

4 Likes

Lot to play out, but currently Pennsylvania is the state that gets Trump / Biden over the line for the win. Biden is WAAAAAY in front.

Trump will do something crazy to try and divide the voters back to him.

Edit - a huge margin in the tipping point state means a massive electoral college win as many others would fall as well.

1 Like

Amazing. Truly amazing. I donā€™t know if Iā€™ve ever seen a candidate in my lifetime who had to do less to win an election.

Really says a lot about the other guy, doesnā€™t it.

4 Likes

In all honesty Trump didnā€™t have to do much to do well out of the pandemic.
Just listen to the scientists, follow their advice, then when itā€™s under control focus back on the economy.
He didnā€™t even need to be ā€˜sympatheticā€™.

Almost every leader around the world improved their standing with their citizens. Even Boris Johnson. For Trump to lose voters, shows heā€™s just out of his depth and not capable of caring about it.

9 Likes

The rally around the flag effect is really easy to get. Do what the public expect. Let the experts take the lead and then take credit.

How the F do you F it up that badly?!?

I was there for the 2016 election. Went to a bar to watch the results - was so excited to see the first woman president. And then all hell broke out.

Iā€™d booked to go there this year, in time for the election. Kind of gutted that I wonā€™t get to see him voted out.

Then again, he could win it and I donā€™t think even American is prepared for that.

1 Like

I think i said at the time that the 2016 election was between Clinton, who represented a lot of what was bad about the existing system, and Trump, who represented a glimpse into a new and much scarier system. It was, in a way, an election between change and more of the same, and enough Americans decided the system was broken and change was worth the risk that Trump squeaked over the line.

Ironically, i think Bidenā€™s sheer unadventurous boring oldness might actually be an electoral plus for him now. I reckon a whole lot of people pulled the lever for Trump thinking ā€˜at least heā€™ll shake things up, how bad can it be?ā€™ and theyā€™re now thinking ā€˜oh, THATā€™S how bad it can be, can we have a boring president for a while please?ā€™

Doesnā€™t change the fact that the US has serious structural problems (which predate Trump) and Iā€™m not sure Biden is up to fixing them (which might lead to the election of Trump mk II down the line), but in the short term, a bit of marginal competence and sanity would be a profound relief.

5 Likes

Probably a good thing not being there just quietly

3 Likes

I agree. Particularly as I was going to spend most of my time in Florida!

2 Likes

Back in Feb/March I was a couple of days off booking six weeks there over August. Spitting I had to cancel (AGAIN) a holiday Iā€™ve been trying to have for coming up on 10 years now, but looking at it objectively, i probably dodged a bulletā€¦

2 Likes

Yeah, I had booked a trip there too and the US airlines are still refusing to give our $ back

ā€¦ and tear gas, police batonsā€¦

4 Likes

You be the screaming douchebag that the Dump is, and has always been, ā€¦ and just be given enough rope.

(No pun intended)

1 Like

I love tassie, but if it sank tomorrow Iā€™d move to NY in a heartbeat.

Bloody awesome place.

1 Like