US politics - cooked

Good post.

Can’t fault any of the spelling, grammar or punctuation.

Bravo.

1 Like
4 Likes

US continue to increase their carbon emissions

2 Likes

Lawless tyrants in charge. Good on the judiciary.

Inevitable legal challenge. Temporary hold for the case to proceed is standard.

I think it’s got a good chance of being ticked off by the judiciary. I would prefer these laws weren’t used, but with the GOP discouraging vaccination and directly increasing cases, I can understand why Biden felt the need.

As long as he excused himself saying “better an empty house than a bad tenant”.

Which reminds me of the celebrations in London when the Queen and Pres Eisenhower were in a open carriage driving down Whitehall when one of the horses loudly farted.
The Queen said “oh, excuse me, Mr President”
Ike…“Oh, that’s OK, Your Majesty, I actually thought it was one of the horses”

3 Likes

Nothing makes me laugh uncontrollably like a good fart joke.

1 Like

538 tracking Harris/Trump polls .

“…Currently, 41.4 percent of Americans have a favorable opinion of the former president, while 53 percent have an unfavorable opinion of him…”

This puts him on a par with Harris. This is very very bad. IMO Democrats need some better candidates and soon.

1 Like

I mean…their water kills them.

1 Like

3 Likes

Had an insane phone conversation today. We’re in the process of getting some work done on our roof. Our main contractor is a really nice guy. The reason we chose him is because he is incredibly professional and responsive. Also humble and honest and give us really good advice in comparison to some of the other folks we were considering.

Anyway, I had not heard back from him for about a week despite texts and leaving a message. It was quite out of the ordinary. He calls me up and says that he’s really sorry that he has been out of touch. But his entire family got Covid. Apparently his teenage daughter brought it home from school and specially he and his wife got it really bad.

Despite my better judgment I asked him how he got it in spite of being vaccinated. He immediately said that he was not vaccinated and neither is anyone in his family because he does not believe in the efficacy of the vaccines. Also he had had Covid last year and was expecting to be immune. He then proceeded to tell me how he took ivermectin and hydroxychloroquin the first few days that he got Covid this time. But that it did not help and in fact he had to rush himself to emergency room because he could not breathe very well.

To say I was gob smacked would be putting it mildly. I honestly did not know what to say except for telling him I was glad that he and his family were now feeling better.

I definitely do not plan to have any political conversations with him.

12 Likes

Who is the target?
Children who need normal things normalised in a completely farked up society.
It bothers me that you need to ask this question.

2 Likes

A guy who fixed our garage in Colorado got into a political argument with my wife while he was working, and said some pretty awful things to her. I filed a complaint but never heard from them again.

Also had a tin foil hat nutter work on our oven. He was saying some ■■■■ about the illuminati and freemasons.

Funny, these are always the ones who tell celebrities / athletes to “shut up and act / play”.

3 Likes

Maybe he just didn’t want to burn his hair?

1 Like

Have you sacked him ? Or advised him that he needs to be fully vaccinated to enter your home

Follow Roger Waters on Facebook.
It’s a hoot.
So much ‘love your music, but shut up about politics’ from people who have obviously never paid any attention to any of his songs.
Calling a card-carrying anti-fascist a nazi.

And all the while presenting their own political opinions while trying to deny him the same right because…
Well, I don’t know why because a plumber gets to talk about politics but a musician may not.

1 Like

I’ve allways loved is

8 Likes

I also love that Ted Nugget seems to be a musician that’s in that alt right scene. Guns, beer, meat and being a man. Dudes also written songs about being a pedo.

Oh he’s done more than write songs about it.

1 Like