Vale Emil Eugene

Many of you probably bought a raffle ticket from Emil over the years - he was part of the Social Marketing Committe for decades! Absolutely lovely guy. Life member of the club (70 year member!), and had an Essendon flag proudly flying in his front yard. Will try to find the article that was written about him a few years back. RIP Emil.

36 Likes

this is a pic of Emil with Colin “Hoops” Hooper (who many will know from game days and training!) from when they received their life memberships

index

11 Likes

Yes bought many raffle tickets from this man. I have some friends who worked on the Social Marketing team in the 1990’s and early 2000. They were deeply saddened to hear this news today.
RIP Emil.

4 Likes

Is this the ‘two tickets for two dollars- colour TV!’ Guy?

Vale.

1 Like

another nice pic of him :slight_smile:

11 Likes
7 Likes

I remember the raffle they ran at Windy Hill with the Canberra TV on offer. It was drawn at 3/4 time and an official would walk the boundary with the winning ticket on a chalk board. We went the 3 for $2 option religiously…until the day when had the ticket either side of the winning ticket. I swear they raffled the same TV for a decade.

No doubt all clubs would have had that sort of caper going in back in the day. Classic stuff!

Vale Emil.

2 Likes

Vale Emil

1 Like

They still do.

1 Like

Wow, I just read the EFC post on this great Essendon man. What a magnificent servant for the club. RIP

2 Likes

May you rest in peace with God Emil. Thanks for your friendship and everything you did for the Essendon Football Club over many many years. Our thoughts and prayers are also for your family.

5 Likes