Vale Graeme McMahon

One thing I’ll remember of him was:

NEVER AGAIN!!!

Apparently he addressed the playing group some time after the 99 prelim and emphasised the words NEVER AGAIN!

RIP Graeme

RIP

RIP to a passionate Essendon man.

A really nice man & a great Essendon person ........ we could do with his spirit around the club xx

He barged into the change rooms at one stage when he got wind of some player unhappiness at Sheedy and laid down the law in no uncertain terms. Sheedy was staying and anyone who disagreed…

Rip. Condolences to all who knew him.

RIP.

A great Essendon man through and through, we were in very good hands when he was at the helm. The boys need to have a big win against PA this week as a mark of respect for this great Essendon man. RIP.

RIP Graeme. Condolences.

RIP Graeme.  So long, it was so good to know you .

RIP Graeme. Colonial Stadium move aside how I long for the days he was in charge of us.

One thing I'll remember of him was:
NEVER AGAIN!!!
Apparently he addressed the playing group some time after the 99 prelim and emphasised the words NEVER AGAIN!

Very sad. Send him off in style boys

RIP Graeme McMahon. A great Essendon person and chairman.

Best Chairman we've had.  I reckon we were a better club with him in charge.  I was lucky enough to meet him after he was good enough to get my Dad and I into the rooms after we beat North in 99.  ■■■■■■ hell he had a handshake on him!  Great person. Great Essendon person.  Played a big role in the 2000 flag given he fought to keep Sheedy.

He was my Dad's boss at Ansett and my Dad doesn't have a bad word to say about him.

I don't think its any coincidence that Essendon hasn't been so well run since he left, and Ansett didn't last too long after he resigned.

Its a pity he didn't live to see the day that we are exonerated of all the current issues.

Wish we had another boss like him.

RIP

Always approachable. Loved to chat footy with anyone at any time.

Played Under 19's and reserves for us before shining down at Prahran.

Loved the club so much he came back and guided the club through initially tough but ultimately successful times.

RIP.

"McMahon also oversaw the move of home games from the MCG to the newly-built Colonial Stadium (now Etihad) in 2000."

What happened to "De mortuis nil nisi bonum" ??

Requiescat in pace.

Good old Graeme protected Sheedy at both Prahran and Essendon. He was a strong individual. 

Very sad. Share the sentiments here. A great Essendon man. Condolences to his family.

Sad, condolences to his family.

<span style="font-size:14px;">Vale Graeme McMahon, &nbsp;you had it in spades : "Courage and Conviction"</span>