Vale Rik Mayall

I am deeply saddened to pass on the news that Rik has passed.

He was huge.    The world is diminished by his loss.

What is happening to my formative years?

Doc Neeson, now Rik Mayall.

Very few things change an industry, for the most part, especially in entertainment they go the more of the same, safe route.

The Young Ones was one out of the box.

No 'nignog' jokes, no 'my mother in law is so fat', no 'fat middle aged blokes pretending to be 21 and chasing young girls' that English comedy had become.

It was anarchic and ridiculous, yet made that acceptable.

To me, Filthy Rich & Catflap is still hilarious, and I often use lines from it in everyday situations. 

Bottom faded by the end, but was good at the start.

Rik Mayall was not only the star, but the creator and script writer of so much of it.

Rik Mayall, the people's poet is dead.

How can Rik be dead when we still have his comedy?

Vale Rik Mayall. You were ■■■■■■ funny.

Lol, I was thinking about the episode when Neil was helping Rik study on the train while they were on their way to the university challenge, because of them I know now that crop rotation was considerably more widespread in the 14th century, haha.

RIP prick you wonker

http://youtu.be/12W34XWIQwU

As Squadron Leader Lord Flashheart in Blackadder Goes Forth (1989)

Flashheart: “All right men, let's do-oo-oo it! The first thing to remember is: always treat your kite like you treat your woman.”

Lieutenant George: “How, how do you mean, Sir? Do you mean, do you mean take her home at weekends to meet your mother?”

Lord Flashheart: “No, I mean get inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back.”

Captain Blackadder: “I'm beginning to see why the suffragette movement want the vote.”

Lord Flashheart: “Hey! Any girl who wants to chain herself to my railings and suffer a jet movement gets my vote!”

Rick: "Do you lot know "Summer Holiday" by Cliff Richard"?

Suggs: "You hum it... I'll smash your face in".

Only 56, so young really.

He completely changed English comedy.

Hope he left a will,the ■■■■■■■.

R.I P.    Rik 

Have they said how he died?

'suddenly'

Just realised I live just around the corner from him.

This is sad. He was irreverent and anarchic as Mero said. The Young Ones was essential TV when it was on, nothing else mattered, simply too good to miss. l used to watch it with my dear old mum. lt would have her laughing as well, even though she claimed to have no sense of humour. Go figure. Gone, gone too soon. 

That's Rik; with a silent "P."

The New Statesman is one of the most chronically underrated comedies ever. RIP.

Drop Dead Fred was one of my favourite childhood movies. Got into The Young Ones and Blackadder as I got older.

Very funny man.

What a complete ■■■■■■■!

RIP

never looked at cattle prods the same way.

v sad day.

He looks a lot like Craig Ferguson in some of his recent pictures.

I saw a letter he wrote on twitter to some guy who had written requesting an autograph (I assume to get around paying for it or something).

He goes "Here's your autograph you cheap Welsh c***."

been watching bottom live out of respect;

"I hope that bloke who wrote his number on the toilet wall gets back to me, sounds like a really interesting guy - I am 9 inches long and 3 inches in round,,,,, wonder what size his ■■■■ is?"

havnt felt this gutted since leslie nielsen passed

"I hope that bloke who wrote his number on the toilet wall gets back to me, sounds like a really interesting guy - I am 9 inches long and 3 inches in round,,,,, wonder what size his ■■■■ is?"

Agree!
Still not over that.

Agree!
Still not over that.

the opening of bottom has them on a bus stop with eddie assaulting him until hes brought to tears.

a bus passes and richie has gone.life, art etc.

if steve coogan goes in the near future i will be inconsolable