Vax on? Vax off?

http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/anti-vaxxers-lose-new-york-court-battle

Anti-vaxers lose case to have their children attend school sans vaccinations. What do people think about this? Is it a bit too tough or is disease prevention simply too important to let it slide?

Anyone out there want to argue the autism/mercury/formaldehyde angle?

It’s not a debate, there is mountains of evidence that shows both un-vaccinated children are a risk to the community in terms of disease and that there is no link between vaccination and autism. They are both fact.

1 Like

I happen to agree with you. But, do you agree that un-vaccinated kids shouldn't be allowed into schools?

yes, because they still pose a risk to vaccinated kids. Herd Immunity is the only way to go.

Absolutely. Why should those who have a medically legitimate reason to not be vaccinated (compromised immune system, potential to an adverse reaction) be put at risk because of a just a choice not to vaccinate?

Jenny McCarthy seems to think that looking great naked gives her the right to preach to everyone about immunisation.

There used to be some utter flog on here who argued against vaccination, but I think he argued against everything reasonable. Lived in the home of the utter flog…northern NSW.

This is as much of a "debate" as there is about global warming or Essendon players not being injected with PEDs in a drug dungeon.

I did a clinical microbiology subject as an elective a couple of years back with a bunch of anti-vaccine chiropractic students. It only took a couple of images of what diphtheria, measles and polio do to people (especially children) to change most of their minds.

That would be their first encounter with evidence-based medicine, then.

That would be their first encounter with evidence-based medicine, then.

Hahaha. I actually had a lecturer who told a room full of chiropractic students something very similar (basically called what they do a load of garbage) in anatomy and physiology once. Was brilliant.

kids that are not vaccinated should not be excluded from school.

They should all have to go to the same one.

2 Likes

It wold probably only have to go up to about grade 6 or 7 too.

If for no reason other than economics.

The cost of a vaccine costs a whole lot less than someone in ICU with vaccine preventable illness.

There used to be some utter flog on here who argued against vaccination, but I think he argued against everything reasonable. Lived in the home of the utter flog...northern NSW.

I remember that banana.  Despite me posting numerous sources denouncing the original study (including from the author himself), he still stuck firm to his beliefs. Takes a special kind of mong to do that.

1 Like

There used to be some utter flog on here who argued against vaccination, but I think he argued against everything reasonable. Lived in the home of the utter flog...northern NSW.

I remember that banana.  Despite me posting numerous sources denouncing the original study (including from the author himself), he still stuck firm to his beliefs. Takes a special kind of mong to do that.

You'd be interested to know he has a relative here who's continually posting that we're as guilty as hell in the Sorry Saga.

FIIK why the prick hasn't been banned for good.

Send them to Montessori.

Then they can all sit around and sing about how un-vaccinated they are.

I remember one day I happened to come accross something like Dr Oz.and seeing all these crazy screaming people in the audience carrying on about their children being autistic due to being immunised or some â– â– â– â– . So many farkwits around...

Jenny McCarthy seems to think that looking great naked gives her the right to preach to everyone about immunisation.

It is easy to "choose freely" when the harm that accompanies that choice affects another, namely a child that is not in a position to choose freely. If you wish to argue that consenting rational adults can choose freely about self autonomous issues, I'll back you to the hilt, whatever that may involve, but please don't tell me that society should agree to allow ignorant people to override the interests of their babies to satisfy some ideological or religious claptrap.

1 Like