VFL 2022 Squad updates

Two Essendon VFL players were drafted:
#62 Zach Taylor to Adelaide
#79 Josh Goater to North Melbourne

2 Likes
3 Likes
6 Likes

Lachie Johnson training with Richmond reserves.

2 Likes

Tigers finally got their revenge for Townsend, Durham and McDonagh. What a blow.

2 Likes

Dylan Landt has left the SANFL and there was some talk he might be heading back to the VFL. He is playing in Darwin this week but not sure of his plans after that

4 Likes

Priority signing imo. Bring Landt home.

Recruiting Lonie makes us a 5 goal better team vs Sandringham just because the little prick won’t kick his usual bag against us

3 Likes

Any news, will we have a team?

They haven’t got around to it yet. Will see what Feb looks like.

1 Like

Speaking to someone this morning involved in the SANFL and discussion came to how the draw still hasn’t been released yet and he commented that the AFL has asked the VFL, SANFL and WAFL to delay the draw and season might start later as the AFL are looking at taking top up players from the state leagues if Covid hits. Might see some bizarre results similar to the BBL where 3/4 of a side is missing and top ups cobbled together to ensure all fixtures are played

4 Likes

yuck, no thanks. I’d have very little interest watching footy if teams are half made up of state league jobbers

4 Likes

Fark Wuhan!

and Fark Carlton!

1 Like

Sounds like 2022 is games to go ahead as scheduled regardless of how many players are out. Hopefully it settles down but clubs aiming for a premiership might do their own iso bubbles

3 Likes

If it gets too bad, they might start recruiting from club members next, so get yourselves ready peeps.

3 Likes

A similar scenario has already been speculated for the VFLW (but because the AFLW season is so short and was already starting a month before the VFLW, it may not be as bad).

TOP UP’s!

IN: JAMAR

6 Likes

it’s gonna be a sh*t show. could potentially be less interesting that previous years lol

It won’t be that bad. Other than WA, the case numbers should be coming down by the time the season starts.

1 Like

Would be interesting to see say player A play for Carlton then get picked up for Collingwood in the mid season draft lol

That’s my thoughts too. I think the AFL are just trying to cover all bases

2 Likes