VFL - 2023. Time to make a TUDOR stand

don’t think either ham or waterman were solid vfl players.

cutler however will be missed yes

5 Likes

Ha! I think I derailed my own point by mentioning Ham.

We are an extremely young list, so are far more reliant on the mature vfl players than other sides. There aren’t going to be many mature afl guys in the vfl compared to other teams. If we have a spate of injuries, what mature depth we have will be quickly exhausted. The best thing we can do for our vfl program is reliable injury prevention, keeping guys on the park at afl and vfl level.

2 Likes

What I don’t want to see again next year is our good VFL players leaving and signing with other clubs.

I mentioned in another thread that Dylan has returned to Melbourne after a very good stint in SA and would be an ideal addition to our side. I hope we have at least spoken to him

7 Likes

VFL captain material. Would be a fantastic addition.

3 Likes

@Benny40 your avatar gets me every time!!. I’m always having to double check???
Alcohol does that to brain cell’s

2 Likes

:joy:

I think I stole it off @karmabomber. Such a good pic, despite the haircut and coach being ancient history.

5 Likes

Will chase the money in EFL.

A lot of “ammo” clubs would be paying more than the VFL salary cap, let alone the ones that are allowed to pay players.
Seems a ridiculous situation to me.

3 Likes

That happens in all states.
As someone who has been on committees of local and ammo clubs for a long time a hell of a lot of time and commuter meetings are spent investigating ways to circumvent salary caps, player caps etc and a hell of a lot of money floats around the various comps. The VFL, SANFL, WAFL etc just can’t compete as they have very tight and regulated salary rules which are absurdly low. Realistically if your AFL days are over why would you bother sticking around at state league level?

1 Like

Interesting he left. Thought if he wanted another crack at AFL, SANFL was his best route. Might have been at the wrong team perhaps. As you said, hope our VFL program have dropped a line.

Offered a job back in Victoria I believe.
I think he would understand his AFL days are done

1 Like

Atley, Conforti and I suppose Rasinac are in that bracket. I hope they get a chance in the seniors off the IC this season at some point.

With the review coming out, VFL coach is now being treated as a full time job. Wonder how many smokes that’ll purchase?

Well let’s say he’s on 200k pa.

Box of Winnie blue 25 probably retails for $50 per carton, so that equates to 10,000 cigarettes per year, which is an average of 27 cigarettes a day, which is just over 1 cigarette per hour.

1 Like

From Big ■■■■ Dave’s Letter to Members today:
“Our player development area was further boosted today with the announcement that the VFL coach will become a full-time position, held by an EFC coach. This will mean our player development area has been boosted from 2.5 coaches in 2022 to 5.5 coaches in 2023. This is a significant investment for the Club. We will also revamp our leadership program in 2023 to focus on growing the leadership capabilities of our players now, and for the long term”.

Well, it’s about farking time!!!

Anyone would think that healthy player development and VFL might actually be the key to improving your senior team or something. Christ only knows what the fark we’ve been doing for the past 15 years. Don’t know why the club felt the need to pay EY a motza for this amazing conclusion though… rank-and-file members have seen this as pretty farking obviously lacking (bar the few years where Paul Cousins actually put in time & effort and had the VFL program humming).

3 Likes

You’ve definitely missed a zero there

Someone said on here that Brad Bernacki was informally offered a rookie spot. Ie. we will pick him at the rookie draft.

1 Like

Interesting they didn’t name Stanton in that. I wonder if he’s still coach?

1 Like

This bloke (hi if you’re here on Blitz) has nailed it…

10 Likes