VFL - 2023. Time to make a TUDOR stand

I would think, by the wording, that he’s not. It sounds like one of the assistants will be VFL coach. I could be wrong, could just be poorly worded.

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking

I think you’re right. That’s why I’m not a mathematician!

1 Like

The Bombers are also looking to fill a newly created head of development position in coming weeks, while assistant coach Leigh Tudor will be the Bombers’ VFL coach, filling the position outlined in the club’s review.

Darnit, I wanted Stants.

6 Likes

The strengthening of Essendon’s Football Department continued today with the appointment of Leigh Tudor, Brent Stanton and Ben Jacobs to key full-time coaching roles.

4 Likes

I like Tudor. Emphasises skill and hardness at the ball in his coaching. I would expect to see Voss getting prominent roles to get him AFL ready.

3 Likes
9 Likes

Love hearing from paul Cousins

3 Likes

Huh???
So what exactly has he been doing in his “development role” since he arrived at the start of 2020?

Annouce the player signings

1 Like

Not wanting to read between the lines, but the casualness of @Paul_Cousins tweet starting with Seems the…. indicates to me that Paul wasn’t involved in this decision of switching coaches & had it thrust upon him.

I Imagine it came out of the review

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/expert-opinion/jay-clark-leigh-tudor-has-brought-success-to-every-club-hes-coached-at-could-be-north-melbournes-lucky-charm/news-story/e91cec1ee55bd441d16b92fcbcb0e419

Scott has worked with Tudor before as well.

1 Like

So….Stanton will still be at the club in a different role?

Hope he wasn’t moved on, all things considered he did a good job as VFL coach.

( enjoyed his coaching from the boundary line )

3 Likes

I think hamstrung a bit on development hence team going from 1 to 3.

Of the under 23’s who went backwards in skill and who became softer?

Sounds like they’ve just re-arranged the chairs abit. I wouldn’t look too much into it

2 Likes

Cut-price Winfield b;ues carton 8 packs x 25 smokes is $360 !!!

And I remember buying a pack of marlboro red in 1970 for less than 50c. Now cost about $25.

I gave up in about 1974 so I have saved a lot of $ but … where is it ???

2 Likes