VFL Practice Match Sat. Vic. Park

So if Dempsey isnt playing this week, how will he get match conditioning before coming back to afl side, via being the sub or back via seconds.

And how far away is he?

So if Dempsey isnt playing this week, how will he get match conditioning before coming back to afl side, via being the sub or back via seconds.

And how far away is he?

He's doing sort of his own pre-season, so will require perhaps a month of full training miles in the legs. I'd say in on Anzac Day.

I'll be there - will report back here if something fantastic happens. Tippa 15+ goals from HBF etc...

It’s Rayner Watch time.

I wouldn't have thought the players would actually WANT to not play this week... wouldn't the guys like Pears, Stein, Colyer etc want to play this week to state their claims for senior selection?

I wouldn't have thought the players would actually WANT to not play this week... wouldn't the guys like Pears, Stein, Colyer etc want to play this week to state their claims for senior selection?

More a case of not being legally allowed to.

That's totally farked. Next thing players will walk off halfway through the last quarter because legally they've had their quota of touches (of course Jetta will play every minute).

That's totally farked. Next thing players will walk off halfway through the last quarter because legally they've had their quota of touches (of course Jetta will play every minute).

I seriously wouldn't be surprised if one day the AFL makes a "capped limit of possessions to player and teams" just to "make the game more even".
Fark I hate the AFL.

Anyone there?

Current score

Collingwood 5-2-32

Essendon 1-3-9

Current score
Collingwood 5-2-32
Essendon 1-3-9

Good close one.

We're saving ourselves

I went to bed very late, woke at 8, blinked, and then the game was into the second quarter.
I blame Pazza; if the game had started at 1, I‘d be there.

I'm just back home from watching the first half - 5.4 to 2.4 at the break. Van Unen and Rayner are the only AFL-listed players for Essendon whereas Collingwood is stacked with them, so not a bad effort.

Van Unen has been impressive and Rayner did a few nice things in the second quarter, including drilling a long pass to the unattended Ben McPhee for our second. Aaron Heppell can play too.

Typically with Essendon sides, the skill level around the ground was quite good but the entry into the non-existent forward line was execrable.

When did it become so fashionable to stick the boots into jetta at every opportunity? I get people are frustrated with him and when discussing a game or the team that frustration vents and people get into him, but the last few months every fifth post of every single thread takes a swipe at him.

It’s neither clever nor funny, it’s just childish.

Start of 4th quarter

Collingwood 9-6-60

Essendon 6-5-41

When did it become so fashionable to stick the boots into jetta at every opportunity? I get people are frustrated with him and when discussing a game or the team that frustration vents and people get into him, but the last few months every fifth post of every single thread takes a swipe at him.
It's neither clever nor funny, it's just childish.

You've been a member since 2008 on here and you still cant tell why? Hahah people joke around and stir, and going by some of his preseason (where he finished last in a time trial) it gives those people more reason to keep bagging him

Full time

Collingwood 10-10-70

Essendon 7-8-50

It's neither clever nor funny, it's just childish.

You've been a member since 2008 on here and you still cant tell why? Hahah people joke around and stir, and going by some of his preseason (where he finished last in a time trial) it gives those people more reason to keep bagging him
Which would give Bomber fans plenty of reasons to bag him.
If he played for Carlton.

Yeah but who negotiated the EBA.