VFL practice match vs Box Hill @ The Hangar, 11AM Saturday 20 March 2021

Great photos.

Would you say Perkins beat/ played better than McGuinness?

11 Likes

I wasn’t really watching to analyse match ups or take much notice of what Hawthorn players were doing, so I’m not sure about “beating”. But i do know that Archie got more involved as the game went on, which was a good sign in itself. As is the fact that he got quite a few possessions on the inside, which makes him harder to tag in theory. That said, I wouldnt term Mcguinness’ role as a hard tag as such, just two kids that got to match up for most of the afternoon.

1 Like

Interesting onlookers in this photo @saladin :wink:

14 Likes

Shhhhhhhhhh !

yes nick, gingers are people too.

Very true Jeremy

Does anyone know when and where the next VFL game is happening?

i cant recall who it was, perhaps the bloke with the helmet, but a vfl Essendon player out marked Granger-Barass in one contest. Thought that was OK

Is No. 49 Hirdy’s boy ?

yep and he played well

Thanks and great to hear he did well.

I’m so oblivious!

I was sitting near there, and had no idea the Hird’s were even at the game.

I also didn’t notice Hartley was playing.

I was on Perkins watch… maybe a little too focussed.

4 Likes

Excused as watching Perkins would have made it a very busy day for you. He was outstanding

2 Likes

great to see he came inside the fence after talking with Adrian.

“We’re still trialling players for our list. Last week (against Richmond VFL) we trialled a lot of Bendigo Pioneers kids, and this week we trialled a lot of under-19s from Calder Cannons. We can use Cannons and Pioneers kids on our list this season,” Tudor said.

“We’ve also been trialling just the VFL players, so the last two weeks we’ve played about 20 different players who are fighting for list spots. A few guys have really jumped out and put their hands up to be on our list.”

“The next three weeks we’re going to be building up to round one.”

LOL at people losing their minds over losing a VFL practice game when we were auditioning under 19 players.

4 Likes

Does explain why our senior listed players didn’t know the names of the kids they were playing with.

2 Likes

“Perkins played midfield mainly. He won a lot of his own ball and got tagged after half-time, but still found lots of the ball in the second half. He made good decisions, was very explosive and similar to last week, has fitted in very well to the way we want to play. We’ve just got to get the balance right of playing him forward and in midfield.”

Just so everyone understands. Perkins copped a tag in the second half… and In the second half is when he worked his way into the game, after being abit quiet in the first half.

4 Likes

I think the melts are a bit over the top too, but think you have missed their point. They are melting because we are still trialling players now and hadn’t established the list months ago… not because they lost the game.