VFL Practice Match vs. Footscray Whitten Oval 12 noon Sat March 31

Here’s your chance to see the Bombers live in Melbourne , no clash with the AFL game.
Forecast Max 23, partly cloudy light winds. Perfect for footy.

Get off the train at West Footscray. Unless you are Peter Gordon don’t try to enter via the Main Entrance :grinning:

5 Likes

Whitten Oval is a great venue as well.

I heard the chips were very good. Just make sure you get them from a batch straight out of the fryer.

Watchlist:
Defenders 10 Francis 14 Ridley
Midfielders : 39 Mynott, 37 Clarke. 35 Guelfi

7 Likes

Will Franga play?

And if you are Peter Gordon don’t try riding a camel through the eye of a needle

4 Likes

Make an informed chip purchasing decision, Peter Gordon’s family operate the catering at the Whitten Oval.

1 Like

Nah, Footscray is all about the Dim Sims from Jim Wong’s or Ebi Fine Foods where you get Japanese food WITH CHIPS.

1 Like

And Roti Road!

2 Likes

So Peter Gordon is doing a Ron Evans.

MDB a likely starter for the doggies.

This should be fun :smile:

Ha, only realised what thread I was in on second visit.

Put HepA on him.

(Schache can’t get a seniors game either? Heh.)

1 Like

VFL local release list is out, and it’s weird. If you believe it, the following VFL-listed guys are NOT playing on Saturday.

Boyse
Darby
Dixon
Ferry
Harrison
Heppell
Hind
Hocking
Marklew
Sheahan
Sibbald
Strachan
Younan

I think it’s a pretty safe assumption the list is backwards, and that’s who IS playing. Nice to have Boyse and Ferry back.

Assuming a squad of 26 like last week, that means 13 AFL-listed players as well.

1 Like

Also, Footscray haven’t released a single VFL player.

Are they taking a leaf out of the Crows book and holding them all blindfolded on a bus and taking them to an undisclosed remote location?

1 Like

Radio 3DJR will for the third week be thankful to the Geelong Football Club for providing a (partial) EFC player list.

Now I just have to work out (probably) what numbers Sheahan and Harrison are wearing.

It’s now 21 days since the EFC website said numbers would be released “in the coming days”.

4 Likes

I’ll be listening in today. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I assume Angus Monfries will be playing against us today.

It is a good thing that you do @theDJR

Have a great call today.

Draper watch please (like I have to ask)

3 Likes